Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

custom turbo manifold

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Default RE: custom turbo manifold

ORIGINAL: lhausi2
you check out the peakboost system? i'm not sure if it'll fit a 35r but they're good. also there's trick engineering in NH, they do all sorts of custom manifolds, here's the link http://www.trickengineering.com/index.htm, the owner has a nasty gsx, but most of the custom stuff they do is honda and toyota
peakboost has a twin scroll but like everybody else it's a top mount that makes you remove the AC. i sent trick an e-mail. thanks.

anybody else?

Old 02-12-2008, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

who said anything about building a GST

Old 02-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Banned

I agree... building a GST is just as stupid lol

Old 02-12-2008, 04:10 PM

TE. the point that everybody tries to make when they have nothing else to say about Honda is that it's pointless to build a FWD car b/c of the traction. I was just saying that it's just as dumb to build a GST for the same reason.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:32 PM

Ok I know you dont wanna hear it but guess what. I DONT CARE lol. Dude take 2 seconds and listen to me and hear me out on this. I understand your a impulse 'tuner' you just HAVE TO HAVE IT, but seriously if you plan to buy another car such as an Evo save your money and DONT turbo the del sol. youll be making a HUGE mistake in doing so. Think about the down payment dollars being wasted away to a car that is pointless to the street unless it involves 4th and 5th gear. I think your del sol with just bolt ons will be plenty fast enough to hold you over dude. it is like what a mid to low 13 sec car with only NA bolt ons. leave at that and save your money then you dont need to wait 6 years for what you keep saying you really want. I say do the body work you wanna do only because it needs it. then call it done. This is a post coming from experience too because I bought a 3G spyder when I wanted an Evo but thought 'well I cant afford the Evo so...." Well guess what then I started modding the 3G. 6 months later I found a Evo for a good price that I bought. Do you realize that had I not gone threw all that 3G BS my Evo would be paid off by now? but I just had to have a faster car right then rather than saving my money and waiting. Same thing happend last year when I wanted a supra look what happend I put $10k into my motor instead. Now I have a chance to sell the car again and look back that $10k I spent to only drive for 3000 miles really would be nice to spend on a supra now, but again I am like you and by impulsivly.

do what you will, but as my advise usually always has with you, it will come back and say well you should have.......
I mean all that money to turbo the sol and you could have half of your Evo paid off. which IMO means another 6 months no need for a bank since you could have cash in hand I still think the del sol will be fast enough NA. I mean your average everyday sports car on the road only runs low 14s that is a huge difference. Who cares if your del sol is faster than an Evo on the highway man why is that your goal lol. Id rather have a consistant fully usable power band than no traction and tons of lag for only 400HP ya know. 200WHP on a light wieght car like that will screw. i mean think about it my car makes 400WHP but weights more than 1000lbs more than yours. So your car would be able to decently hang with my 400HP Evo ya know

Old 02-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Banned

I think someone needs to read......

Old 02-12-2008, 05:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

I think someone needs to read......
read what? I did read it you nub stick lol. and as I said in my post I dont care if he doesnt want to hear it because I gonna say it anyway.

This thread is just the same song and dance as always with Ron. He is just to impulsive with this stuff, much like myself but that is why I can give advise because I have lived threw the same mistake virtally

Old 02-12-2008, 06:28 PM

Mike. i 100% absolutely posativley agree with everything that you said. that's right Sebba, TE, Emonz, and everybody else that is smarter than me in the long run lol.
My rebuttle.
OK. here we go. This is the first car that i've owned since i got into the REAL tuner scene (more go than show, you all remember me when i started... mr body kit and system and i'm the ****) that will actually put down some power. I've ALWAYS wanted a turbo'd car and always liked the del sol. Saving the money that i would be putting into this car would prolly save me an easy 10k over the course ofthe nextyear or 2 but you all know me and how i'm a "for the moment" kind of guy. hell, in the last 2 weeks i've been debating whether to throw a JR Supercharger on there instead, then had the idea to just build it NA again... i'm always going in 10 different directions at 100mph each.most likely by the time i can afford to start putting the turbo kit together i'll either have a different car or be sick of this one.
Just in the past few days i've also come to another possability for the long run. Keep this car for the next 2-3 years as my DD and just save the money that i would be putting away for a new car. With the money that i'll be making by the end of this year-mid next year i'll be able to save a good chunk of change as well as work on my car at the same time. I am thinking of just keeping this car as my dd throughout my college days (going to the local Tech school in the Fall for Welding - plan to hopefully attend Wyotech within 1 1/2 years.) and at that time get a new car.
I have a lot of options and i won't even be starting to put together this turbo kit (if it happens) until the middle of next year so i have plenty of time to "sleep on it".
I'm not just reading all this crap and letting it go "in one ear and out the other" so to speak. If i was on the outside looking in on me, i'd prolly be giving myself the exact same advice and prolly get fed up w/ my "change of mind" every 5 mins for the last 2 years lol.
I do appreciate yall looking out for my best intrest. I really do.