Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

DSM for V-dubs...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Default DSM for V-dubs...

Well.... maybe.
I'm thinking about buying a 2004 VW Jetta GLI.
ALL STOCK.
Turbo, 18"s, lowered, body lip kit, 6spd manual, 6disc Monsoon system, Solar Panel Battery Runner ( if battery dies, hook up solar panel to start car), GLI stitched Recaro suede seats, & tinted windows.
31,000 miles.
New Tires. 225/40/zr18 Goodyear eagle F1

$13,500

Soooo tempting.

help...

Old 04-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: DSM for V-dubs...

it would definetly be an upgrade from what you have now, but you wouldnt be getting much of a trade in onyour car. Its nothing that i would want to drive. And it looks like it would be a pain to do any mods to it because of the position of the engine. I dont know too much about them. I know i wouldnt want one, but thats just me. If you like it and want it, then go for it

Old 04-17-2007, 10:28 PM

That doesnt sound right. From the little i know about volkswagens, im pretty sure the GLi is the base model, and had no option for turbo or 6 speed. Where did you see this?

Old 04-17-2007, 10:31 PM

13000 is too much to be paying for a gli. And that solar panel thing is like 20 bucks at harbor freight...And remember, it takes a long time to accumulate solar power, and it wont work at night if for some odd reason your nearly new vw's battery just crapped out on you...

If he NEEDS that thing, its probably got some problems

Old 04-18-2007, 12:45 AM

dude, the GLI version of the Jetta is almost top of the line.
EVERYTHING on the car is factory.
The turbo boosts nicely.
Shifts perfect.
Rides smooth.
Comfy as all hell.

They appraised my eclipse at $6,100.
I owe a little over 3 on it, so it would leave a nice down payment.

BUT.
I decided i'm gonna pass on it for now since I have an opportunity to paint my entire car for $150.
A coworker has a shop at his house and has a paintroom.
Said he would help me pull all dents, sand, prime, and paint.
All i have to buy is the paint.
Going to change the color to a very dark blue.
In 2 weeks

Old 04-18-2007, 12:50 AM

If youre getting the MKIV get the 180hp wolfsburg edition, its like the gsx of the jettas... rare find, but great car...

Old 04-18-2007, 01:12 AM
Administrator

i have a friend who has had a bunch of VWs, mostly jettas, and he has gotten away from them...they are fine until they break, at which point they are VERY expensive. Also, with his 07, he has had quality control issues..like things in the interior falling apart...window tracks breaking in the cold, etc.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:27 AM

my friend has the gli turbo version and he recently had it revoed and let me tell you man that thing scoots

Old 04-18-2007, 04:26 AM

If you ask me i prefer the golfs and gtis, (specially teh rabbit) but if you find the right place, and if you know about the car itself, vw's can be really reliable, you can still see 80's vws rollling down the highway XD

Old 04-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kaede.Noir

If you ask me i prefer the golfs and gtis, (specially teh rabbit) but if you find the right place, and if you know about the car itself, vw's can be really reliable, you can still see 80's vws rollling down the highway XD
i bet most of those 80's vw's have had alot of work done to keep them running or were never really driven much.

Quick Reply: DSM for V-dubs...