Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Few problems with new car

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Default Few problems with new car

Well yesterday I bought a 2000 Eclipse RS for $3900. And found out last night that one headlight chooses to work whenever it wants, maybe the connection is loose or something. Also the lights in the dash don't like up, like behind the spedometer and gas gauges. Fuse?

Also the center console is missing the cover. Is there somewhere i can get a replacement besides a junkyard because i dont think any junkyard around here has a 3g.

Finally, there are plenty of scratches, how do I figure out what color paint I have and where could I get touch up paint?

Old 09-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Default RE: Few problems with new car

About the paint, theres a sticker on one of the doors where it has the paint color, just look for it and youll be fine (you can get a touch up paint from a car store with that)
Junkyards.... well do a search we have a few sites like the mitsubishi graveyard and theres another website for the eclipse parts that is fairly interesting and has been brought up in the forum a few times
About the lights.... dash might be a fuse which is an easy change (always check for fuses when something goes wrong and have in hand inside your car at least 2 of each) , im not sure if your 3g has a relay for the headlights, but look for it, if it works like youre telling us, perhaphs is sticking...
Hope this helps

Old 09-02-2007, 02:35 PM

prolluy fuse....check the fuse box and what a lemon u got....see if theres a chip fallin off take it and match it to the touch up paint

Old 09-02-2007, 02:42 PM

the lights on the dash are prob. blow. there are a few behind the gauge cluster that light up the gauges and if one goes out thats what youll get there unless its the entire gaue cluster out it may be a fuse however my Evo had all of the little bulbs go out behind the cluster I pulled it off and replaced them took like 10 mins tops and there were I think 3 maybe 4 total. The RS doesnt come with an Armrest so no yours is not missing it was just not an option on your model car. the paint code as already said is usually in the door jam sticker or something. what color is the car? the headlight harness might be loose or the bulb is going out. My old 3g actually had a bad blinker harness and my blinker would work when ever it wanted. so maybe what your headlight is doing

Old 09-02-2007, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: jpmontero98

prolluy fuse....check the fuse box and what a lemon u got....see if theres a chip fallin off take it and match it to the touch up paint
thats not a lemon dude its a used car. Stuff like that happens. all depends on the other owners. i have had some of the same problems with my Evo all it takes is a few hours TLC and its as good as new. i mean last october. my Evo would stutter, stall out sometimes (rarly), the gauge cluster stopped lighting up, I couldnt boost the car at all or it would die and blow THICK THICK white smoke ect ect ect. parked it for the winter did a tune up and spent some time and only a small amount of $$$ and fixed everything.. now look at it. Runs low 12s on aweak tune and lazy driving and a vented BOV lol

Old 09-02-2007, 08:23 PM

Well the only question about the armrest is that there is a spot on each side that looks like it is a spot for one behind the 2 cupholders.

As for the dash lights, it also isnt lighting up by the a/c and heat. So my car is completely dark at night. No lights besides the cd player.

One question i had was, does the 3g have a grill? it looks like there should be one, at least on mine at the moment. I will take pictures tomorrow and post them.

and for color, it looks like this one but i will get the number from the door tomorrow as well.
http://www.eclipse-specs.info/histor...clipse-pic.jpg

Old 09-02-2007, 10:48 PM

the 3g rs's didnt come with an arm rest. mine doesnt have one either and i got the same car as you

o and the paint code is R70

Old 09-02-2007, 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: iamabadperson777

Well the only question about the armrest is that there is a spot on each side that looks like it is a spot for one behind the 2 cupholders.

As for the dash lights, it also isnt lighting up by the a/c and heat. So my car is completely dark at night. No lights besides the cd player.

One question i had was, does the 3g have a grill? it looks like there should be one, at least on mine at the moment. I will take pictures tomorrow and post them.

and for color, it looks like this one but i will get the number from the door tomorrow as well.
http://www.eclipse-specs.info/histor...clipse-pic.jpg
again no its not supposed to have an armrest however you can put in one just get it from a GS or GT

The lights might not work because the dimmer switch is either bad or unplugged too. It is easy to forget to plug in I have actually made that mistake in my old GS. And nothing but the radio lights up when that is not plugged in

Old 09-02-2007, 11:29 PM

and no the rs does not come with a grill. its just got that gaping hole

Old 09-02-2007, 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: estraw

and no the rs does not come with a grill. its just got that gaping hole
all 3gs do

Quick Reply: Few problems with new car