Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Finally, my daughter is driving a clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 01:17 AM
Default RE: Finally, my daughter is driving a clutch

If I keep the gear 3.90 with 35 spline Ford 9" with all Moser axles and third member and big bearing with a Detroit Locker, I have I should be in around 10 flat to low 10's and if I keep to my original engine combo, and tire combo. After driving my buddies Chevy Luv that he drives sub 10's, and I drive ithigh mid 10's just getting use to it, I like the ID of going sub 10's but I would then need to start thinking about a blower of some sort so it would be driveable on the street but still have enough hp to do it, but that would be a couple more grand into the engine and I still have a house full of girls even with one married and gone we have another teenage girl living with us that took her place at the table. (They take a little, ok, alot of cash.) And, enjoy your daughter while she is 2, they are so wonderful at that age. Also, the question about adoption, the #3 daughter's boyfriend is a car nut so that slot is filled, maybe later. While on the subject, here is a picture goofing around with my buddies tunnel ram, and the front end we built, cutting 1-1/2" out of the lower control arm and modifying the upper mount and laying the angle back 4 degrees to help stabilization at high speeds. 2" front body drop and 2" drop spindles help the stance. Remember, this is in the Off Topic section, everybody keep their cool.

Name:  PC100002.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  64.3 KB

Name:  PB260002.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  92.6 KB

Name:  PB280009.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  49.4 KB

Old 03-26-2007, 01:20 AM
Banned

HAHAHAHA wise words! Enjoy innocence while it lasts

Old 03-26-2007, 02:20 AM

It's nice to see an old car get treated so well I grew up around racing and don't know how many people slam a big motor in and can't figure out why it won't run fast or handles like crap or breaks all the time. I'm impressed, not many people take on all the custom work needed to build a quality car. The little things can make or break it. I helped a buddy build a Shoe box with a 496, BDS blower, Hilborn injection, Jericho trans, etc. The fastest pass was around 8.60 if I remember right, it was 10 years ago. Unfortunately after about 7 months an axle broke at about 900' and WALL. Poor Nova...[&o] The coolest thing is my little girl loves hot rods! It's almost impossible to get her out of them if we take her for a drive.I thinkI'm in trouble in the future.lol

Old 03-26-2007, 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: OldSchool

No doubt about beating the extra heavy Mustang. This might be sacreligious but I would like to find a way to fit a small block Chevy inside a GST body and put a Prostreet hood scoop on it that would fit the roundness of the car, but I have enough projects and no money already for my current projects. I've shown this before, but when it comes to my kids I'm very proud and will show it again; a picture from last Christmas when my oldest was here for her delayed wedding reception. She is the one with the blue dress, the one that just learned to drive the clutch is the one holding the upper leg of my college daughter that is leaning back and the youngest to the far left just got her permit to drive.

Ok, i'm just gonna leave my girlfriend, pack my ****, and come stay with you.
We can restore and mod cars all day, as long as those 4 hang out in the garage with us.

Damn.
Amazing DNA.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:38 AM
Banned

Pick me up on your way

Old 03-26-2007, 02:44 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Pick me up on your way
Whats your geographical location?

Old 03-26-2007, 02:48 AM
Banned

SA - TEXAS!

Old 03-26-2007, 02:50 AM

Ok, Texas is on the way to Washington, so thats no big deal.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:07 PM

You guy's are hilarious! But you do have beautiful girls Oldschool, and a beautiful car! I have only been in one drag truck. She is a 1964 small block chevy,Red and chrome. Currently, she is being rebuilt, but her time on the strip was 7.60. They have closed that dragway since then, and it's too far to the other one's. I too, am a fan of racing. Frequently visit the dirt track races, drag strips, and every 3rd saturday I watch lawn mower racing!! Ha ha, only because the main event starts at 7- Mud Boggin. That's right. I am trying to con my dad into letting me take is 94 bronco next month.

Old 03-26-2007, 11:50 PM

I'm with you, I'm not too picking about racing, I like nearly any type of car racing but I lean toward quarter mile. I've posted this before, but since we did bring it up again, this is my buddies truck that he sectioned, stretched and built most of the body by hand, as well as the frame, bed of the truck and roll cage. This is the one he let me race at the track that he runs sub 10's in occasionally, on pump gas. With a full tank of gas he found the weight at 2940 lbs without him in it. 555ci Chevy, Ford 9", racing powerglide with 5200 custom stall, and rear gears vary depending on his mood but right now I think are 5.13:1, dual Mighty Demons, 1963 full size truck dash sectioned 14" to fit, custom full interior, MickeyThompsons 33x18.5's, Scotts Mustang II typeadjustable front end,but... no radio.

This picture was before it was finished, but you get the idea on the dash. Kind of like the Bat mobile. And remember it has 14" taken out of it to fit into the Luv.

Quick Reply: Finally, my daughter is driving a clutch