Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

FINALLY poor quality pics of speaker install

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Default FINALLY poor quality pics of speaker install

door panel taken off

the door panel "carfully" placed on the ground( the empty light mount will not be used...the wires will be re-routed to light terminals in speakers

test fit....i had to drill 4 holes for mounts

cut / solder and reroute wires and connect them to........

the final mounting of speakers...all hooked up

door panel back on (still cleanin up the edges)

look good, light up and sound great

Old 06-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Default RE: FINALLY poor quality pics of speaker install

...speakers... that light up?

Old 06-12-2007, 03:40 PM

dude, get some spacers and make it to where you can screw the speakers directly onto the door panel, in the light it looks terrible, sorry to rain on your parade...

Old 06-12-2007, 04:02 PM

Yea, hes right, JP... you really coulda done a better job on cutting...

Old 06-12-2007, 04:51 PM

IMO, the light DOESNT look that bad, i mean it might be a lil cheesy but it doesnt look bad at all, the cut on the panel is what worries me, hehe you dont have a dremel? hehehe its REALLY helpful for mods

Old 06-12-2007, 05:59 PM

I put those same speakers in my doors.....but i didnt have to cut out the grill and the panel to make it fit or drill holes. I didnt hook up the blue lights either...

Old 06-12-2007, 06:12 PM

Now theres some shady backwoods mechanics

Old 06-12-2007, 06:20 PM

Ok.......I hate to be a jerk, but as an MECP guy, I gotta say, that install sucks ***. Seriously man, those are Dual's in the first place, so the speaker quality isn't all that great to begin with, really would have been worth your time to go with a set of Infinity's or Alpine's. Second, you cut your grill? WTF man? Was it really necessary, cuz I'm pretty sure the mounting depth on those isn't more than 3", and should have fit under the panel with little to no modification. Honestly bro, if your truck came into my shop for service work, I'd probably ask you to get a new set of door panels before I'd touch it. Just my professional opinion though, if it works for you, then w/e.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:26 PM

Ouch, almost mean, lilevo... But true for the most part... though Id prefer a pair of Focals or Diamond Audio.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:42 PM

Eh, I was trying to stay in the same general price range as the duals, a set of Infinity 60221's is somewhere around $100, so a little more expensive than the duals, but much better quality and worth the money. And I'll admit, it was a little cruel, I'm a bit of a profectionaist when it comes to this kind of thing. I see this stuff on a daily basis and want to smack the people. In car audio, at least in my opinion (and that of many of the customers that I work with), astetics are just as important as the quality of they system. Who wants a high powered amp if the wires are hanging all over the place? Who wants a nice deck installed when the dash kit doesn't fit right, or wants an overhead video display hooked up when screws get put through the roof? Astetics are vitally important and are the basis of my business, so I suppose that's why I get so bent out of shape every time I see an install like this.

Quick Reply: FINALLY poor quality pics of speaker install