Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Wait until more were released for an affordable price.
68.75%
Pay the markup price.
6.25%
All around just dumb.
25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Game Systems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Game Systems?

and on the topic of online play. Yes PS online is free but only to a point as well. There are games that charge you to play online for that system. And sure you can play a single game online. But the thing that sets Xbox live from any other online is how everything is interconnected. Anyone that has it knows what im talking about. Being able to have a friends list and having the same name for every single game, and knowing what games your friends are on, Talking to people in the xbox menu (chat), sending invites to people playing other games. And you can even talk to a friend if he is playing one game and you are playing another. No matter what anyone says about PS. there is no comparison to Xbox live when you are talking about online play. What i have wrote is only part of the options too. So for anyone that likes online, you DO NOT want PS, period!!

Old 12-05-2006, 01:45 PM

i like my computer for online game playing, anyone here on Phantasy Star Universe?

And for Carbon, i give it a 7.5 out of 10. The game play takes it down but for customizing cars it's great, and it has a Evo and a 2G and 4G eclipse on it as well.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

after playing the demo for carbon i was automatically turned away from it. The gameplay was just terrible

Old 12-05-2006, 03:55 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

and on the topic of online play. Yes PS online is free but only to a point as well. There are games that charge you to play online for that system. And sure you can play a single game online. But the thing that sets Xbox live from any other online is how everything is interconnected. Anyone that has it knows what im talking about. Being able to have a friends list and having the same name for every single game, and knowing what games your friends are on, Talking to people in the xbox menu (chat), sending invites to people playing other games. And you can even talk to a friend if he is playing one game and you are playing another. No matter what anyone says about PS. there is no comparison to Xbox live when you are talking about online play. What i have wrote is only part of the options too. So for anyone that likes online, you DO NOT want PS, period!!

there are like 1 percent of games u have to pay for on ps. the only one i can even think of from ps2 was final fantasy 11, other than that, i kno of no other games that you have to pay to play online, maybe besides a few that are on like pc already and u have to pay.
ps3 has a frends list, it tells you which game u met them on, it has chat, it has video chat, u can invite people to play games, u can send messages, so yes there is a comparison, sony may have kind of gotten ideas from xbox live, i will not doubt that, but bill gates saw how bad sony was eating into the game market, so thats why he decided to make his own system because computers just weren't enough for that rich guy. haha, did ya kno that if he drops a 100 dollar bill, it isn't even worth his time to bend down and pick it up. must be nice.
and not to mention, xbox controllers are so big, at least compared to ps's. but i guess that's all preference and what not

Old 12-05-2006, 04:05 PM

Socom III you had to pay.

The xbox controller is alot bigger and honestly I HATED it. but after you get used to it you start to like it more. It is alot easier to me know for racing games and shooter games than the PS style (EVEN though I never thought that would happen)

Old 12-05-2006, 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

how do you know those offers are real mike?
I know that its real since it worked for me lol

Im sure there are some PS3 ones out there now a days too and I play to stop being lazy and do that on as well.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Wow well i didnt know that about PS3. I guess you learn something new every day.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii BABY!!! lol For once a system that gets kids outta their couches and makes 'em jump in the game a bit!.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:11 PM

I kind of want a Wiii

Old 12-06-2006, 01:08 AM

I'm pretty late in the game...um, game. PSP has been out for awhile and I just now got one for $60. It's not for me though, it's for my son. Now, I just have to get MK: Armageddon for it.

Quick Reply: Game Systems?