Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

heres some entertainment for you

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Default RE: heres some entertainment for you

I'm lucky I drive a DSM. My cousin has been pulled over and harassed for having a "loud" exhaust because he drives a 00 Civic Si and he complains to me all the time because my exhaust is bigger and louder than his (knock on wood! don't want to jinx myself). The only thing I'm sure of is that if it's carb legal, the cops can't say squat = D

Old 02-11-2008, 08:31 PM

Kinda makes me glad that I live in a small hicktown in northwestern Pennsylvania...all that is required in my county is a "visual" of smog parts..they just have to be there, they don't HAVE to work....It's more like in Cali that the cops are afraid they will be outrun by people who mod their carsso that's why they are making everything "non-factory"illegal....I'd never move to Cali.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:37 PM

lol despite that, cali is quite nice = D
you...well...just have to look stock! the dsm looks nice stock anyways = D

Old 02-11-2008, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: ProjectDrknss

I'm lucky I drive a DSM. My cousin has been pulled over and harassed for having a "loud" exhaust because he drives a 00 Civic Si and he complains to me all the time because my exhaust is bigger and louder than his (knock on wood! don't want to jinx myself). The only thing I'm sure of is that if it's carb legal, the cops can't say squat = D
that is not true. They also have laws for Db level "noise polution" or whatever you would like to call it. Trust me hardly any after market exhaust meet the leagel Db requirments.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:17 PM

Aw man...u make me not feel safe = O
nice to know tho

Old 02-11-2008, 11:39 PM

hey emonz i thought it was at least 17 inches above the ground, 2 inches above the ground is nothing,lol
and yeah there's no exhaust I can think of the top of my head that could be straight up legal

Old 02-11-2008, 11:41 PM

and i saw an undercover cop with a hooked up 07 eclipse a month after they came out, also saw a cop in a friggen mini van, and like emonz said camaro's and mustangs

Old 02-12-2008, 03:59 AM

ORIGINAL: shreff99

A few questions about this:
1.) They said "modified" exhausts were illegal but I didn't see one cop putting a meter to any exhaust whether it be sound or smog so how can anyone be written up for their exhaust??? I'd fight that one in court.

2.) How are engine mods illegal?? You're not allowed to have headers or turbo in Cali??

3.) The cops said they were observing and taping in undercover cars, what kind of cars do they have when they do this?

4.) Why and how was someone able to video tape this bust and with the cop doing an interview????
1) all exhaust mods are illegal unless proves with a C.A.R.B sticker
2) Anything non C.A.R.B Legal is Illegal, while intakes and exhaust are being illegal no matter what. STATE REFF'D
3)One time we got caught up, an undercover was Racing in an EVO VIII CF trunk and Exhaust, They use Towed vehicles to look like racers
4)The interview was done by the local News Channel KTVU

Old 02-12-2008, 04:01 AM

ORIGINAL: ProjectDrknss

NOT ANYMORE!!! lol, anything is now illegal, but if you show up to court with a CARB sticker, its 10$ either way

Old 02-12-2008, 04:02 AM

LMFAO, Sorry Mike, I replied to those post without noticing you beat me to them

Quick Reply: heres some entertainment for you