Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

HEY BurntGSX

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Default RE: HEY BurntGSX

hey yeah! GO ME!! lol, school starts here...the 30th.. but I haven't been off, summer classes.

hey mad, lets see some pics of those new wheels you've been braggin about!

and speaking of work.. anyone else have to go through 2 weeks of 8 hour perday 5 days aweek training for a job? cause I HAVE... sucks my ***. its hard to stay awake, its like im in school all day. and then since I have classes at night... work(school) from 8-5 and then school from 530-1030... LONG DAY [:@]

Old 08-18-2004, 02:25 PM

I don't have a camera for pics of MY wheels but that will follow the laptop in my order of things to get.
no workstudy for me I'm workin graveyard at a hotel full time! Get paid and do homework life is grand!
before I quit the day job I was 11pm-7am at the hotel and 730am-4pm at supergo! lather, rinse, repeat. not fun but got caught up!
if u want to see the wheels I got go to tires.com and look up the Xwheels 6spoke. again cheap but bettr than stock!

Old 09-09-2004, 05:27 PM

Im about to do the same.. My stocks are pretty beat up.. I want 18's but am saving for a turbo... both cost $1000+ so.. ha, I need new tires though too. what to do? leave it in the garage till next spring prob.

by the way.. Im getting a bigger turbo. should i get 18g or 20g? remember bigger isn't always better, AND I really don't want to have to get a new EMS. what do you all think? and what kind? cause I've seen some that you have to buy the 2g kit with, and there are some new ones out that come with the 90 degree elbow welded on already... anyone had experience with those? also, I left my two coolant lines on my stock t25 when I sold it cause they wouldn't come off... where do I go for new ones?

Old 09-10-2004, 08:43 PM

new coolant lines? umm......autozone? i guess........... as for the turbo, remember smaller tends to spool faster and gives boost earlier, big spools slower but gives more boost................

Old 09-14-2004, 03:54 PM

yeah, Im going with a 20g. dsmparts.com makes one that is direct bolt on for the 2nd gen now for like $900, I figure I might as well do it right the first time right?

as for the lines.. I mean the ones that connect to the turbo.. autozone has them? ....I don't want to go to the stealership and get *** raped for a new set, I was hopin someone knew where to go. HELP ME!

Old 09-17-2004, 03:36 PM

well...... id help if i could, but im a n/t guy, so your guess is as good as mine, thats y i said autozone, hehe.......... dont blame ya for not goin to the dealer, i hate those guys, theyd probly end up tellin you that the turbo wont work unless they install it........lmao

Old 09-17-2004, 09:40 PM

lol! they would tell me that I'm out dated and try to sell me an EVO... (why would I buy a car that I could do NOTHING to, not even change the tires, for the duration of the warrenty without voiding it???) come on people!!! TIRES!??!

great story about the stealership...
my hazards and brake lights, turn sigs, etc.. weren't working. I pulled every fuse out that I could possibly find and thought they were fine.. dug through the wiring to find nothing wrong.. I take it in, they find a bad fuse and charge me $172 for it...and then when I asked for the fuse (cause I swear I looked at all of them) they said they threw it away... Hmmm..??

Old 09-17-2004, 10:39 PM

yea, next time id ask them to go dig thru the trash and get it, cause your not gonna pay 172$ for a fuse you probly had at home, oh, and that took a mechanic like what, 40 seconds worth of work......... how the hell does that 40 sec. of work and a 79 cent fuse come out to 172$.
its bull****, i hate those ****ers.............

Old 09-29-2004, 05:38 PM

lol! cause they had to run the hour long diagnosis first!!! stealership....

Old 09-30-2004, 06:04 PM

LMAO...............

Quick Reply: HEY BurntGSX