Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Heyyyy, now thats not a bad idea. Assuming the boat is gas powered.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Default Heyyyy, now thats not a bad idea. Assuming the boat is gas powered.

why would it have to be gas powered? ...and by that, I specifically mean gasoline. You probably don't know this but you could run your gas engine on ammonia.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Default RE: Heyyyy, now thats not a bad idea. Assuming the boat is gas powered.

Well, anything apart from electricaly powered, that is. Assuming youre referring to the boat still.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Banned

Yes i know you can run your gas engine on ammonia... i remember the pond scum VW.

Where the problem comes in is the quality.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

Well, anything apart from electricaly powered, that is. Assuming youre referring to the boat still.
come on, it's RC! yes, I was thinking electric! but not too seriously, I'd rather do something crazy like ammonia or a hydraulic pump.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Yes i know you can run your gas engine on ammonia... i remember the pond scum VW.

Where the problem comes in is the quality.
no argument there. seems some researchers are trying to revive this....and why not? ammonia is $83 a tonne.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Banned

The quality... thats it. The way it burns isnt the same... doesnt work too well for performance aplications.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:25 PM

no, not for performance applications burns about 2.35 gal to @ gal of gas. possible short term solution to looming energy crisis.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:28 PM

Hes right, the popular cars now arent usually performance minded... such as the Prius. Whats the green advantage of ammonia burning cars? By that Im asking what sort of pollutants do they produce?

Old 09-06-2007, 02:32 PM

no emissions, right now, the emissions are on the manufacturing end. CO2 is produced in the manufacturing process...but I don't know how much. of course, CO2 could become popular too, mixed with some liquid metal it generates gobs of heat.
the great thing is that ammonia only costs ~$0.21@gal!

Old 09-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned

Some cars could... some not so much. What is being developed and actually exists now... is Hydrogen. However when you think about it... how do they get hydrogen? Water.. whats water... H2 O... how do they seperate that bond... electrolysis... and where does the electricidy come from.... power plants.. an what to power plants use to produce their energy.... BURN ****. Going round in a big ****ing circle.

Seriously cars only amount to a very very small percentage of this stuff.. the major consumer/poluter is power plants and factories. Anyone that has been to Casablanca will see what im talking about. So why the **** waste time with the auto industry?

Okay.. it would help a little.. so why isnt it being used? OIL COMPANIES. Bastards...

Quick Reply: Heyyyy, now thats not a bad idea. Assuming the boat is gas powered.