Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

honest opinoin on what to do

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 01:30 AM
Default honest opinoin on what to do

ok, for the last week i've been torn back and forth and back and forth what do to. . . i have my eclipse GS w/ body kit looks nice.. about to sell it and will get anywhere from 7-9k out of it. also about to get 2100 for my taxes.... total thats apx 9-11k for all. now i have 2 choices... get a GSX (stock or just a shell) and put the rest of the money towards 2.3l stroker, 7.5:1, stage 3 race head, trani, clutch etc etc etc.... OR i can spend it on my new house that i just bought... w/ that money i'm lookin at a new 8' privacy fence, extend my deck w/ hot tub, hard wood floors and new HD tv. . . i know this is a car forum but honestly what would yall do? in one hand i have the money now and i have wanted this car for over 8 years now, in the other hand it's a long term investment to put it in the house BUT i'll also be in the house for 4-5 years so i have plenty of time to do whatever i want to it. . . . what would yall do??????

Old 01-29-2007, 01:33 AM
Default RE: honest opinoin on what to do

we all know I am all about the automoiles BUT the future return is not in a car it is in a house.... fix up the house how you want then worry bout the car

Old 01-29-2007, 01:57 AM

I totally agree with emonz!.....You would be pulling more females with that crib neways..lol....MF PARTY AT RCJr's!....

Old 01-29-2007, 02:05 AM

dude my house has been party central for the last 3 months lol i'm gettin sick of it to be honest. had a "pimp and ho" party last night that was a freakin blast lol i do know that long term investment is in a house BUT like i said i'll be here for 5-6 years and have all that time to get everything one and in which case everything i do along the way would be newer when i sell it than if i were to do everything right now. and YES once i get my house on its way and/or done... it will be THE bachelor pad to be at!

Old 01-29-2007, 02:10 AM

well listen, you do all these mods to a car your dumping about $15k down the drain before you know it. You sell the car its only gonna sell for like 8k or something stupid even after all that work, OR you drive the car alot and then it is just going to keep needing the TLC and maintenace to stay ship shape.

You fix up your house and instantly you just put big bucks in your pocket for about the same cost as the car to mod maybe alittle more. the money weights out the house will do more for you. plus you do the house now then youll have all the time in the world to build a car up.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:15 AM

true.... i duno.... my biggest problem is i work for my dad, and i lived w/ him for a year in his new house, well within 3 months of him living in the house he just bought September 05 he spent about 40k on his back yard, 5k on his TV, speakers, surround sound, lighting etc., 10k on his remodeled garage/rec. room. well livng w/ him watching him do all this crap it makes me want all of this stuff just as fast but i just can't seem to face the fact that make 1/30 of what he makes lol i know what my problem is... i want to much, to fast, and i know i can't do it all. mabey i'll just take 6k and get a GSX... spend the other 4-5k on the house and then go from there . . . . that way i'm getting the best of both worlds.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:24 AM

thats a hppy medium.... Id do that as well

Old 01-29-2007, 02:26 AM

find a sweet car you can get for like 5 grand (i payed 4,600 for my Eclipse), and put the rest into the house.

Me and my gfjust financed a 55" Sony HDTV and its amazing!
Nothing like first person shooters on the big *** screen!

Old 01-29-2007, 02:27 AM

sounds good. w/ the 4-5k in the house i can get the privacy fence and deck done... that's a good start. then i just gotta worry about a nice tv/stand, hard wood floors - not looking forward to that price tag, and hot tub. and STILL have a bad=*** car lol, gettin late here for me, past my bed time, thanks emonz... what is your real name by the way? later bro

Old 01-29-2007, 02:31 AM

you want big HDTV get a overhead projector. I work in the cable business I see TVs all day long day in and day out and these things are the way to go. The price is so much better and you get so much more.

for example a buddy has one in his living room might as well be a movie theatre it measures I think 100 and something across and like 80 down or something crazy like that all for $1100 and it is DLP with 1080P the only downfall is lighting you have to have a semi dark room but the picture is amazing on them

Quick Reply: honest opinoin on what to do