Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I ****ing hate drunk drivers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:50 AM
Banned
Default I ****ing hate drunk drivers.

So for all of you that justify drinking and driving, **** YOU.

So heres the story:

I'm coming home from a night out, and as I'm just going about my business I see this truck in the distance being all erratic and ****. So I keep my distance and just observe for a little while. First thing I do is call it in, and give the cops the tag (03T TW3) Grey Chevy Silverado. So about a minute later the driver decides to exit the highway, and slows down a whole **** load nearly causing two accidents. The driver realizes he/she is a huge hazard and decides to pull over on the shoulder. So I pull up beside the truck (about 7 o clock) and quickly walk to the drivers side, while I am motioning my friend to pull her car up onto the shoulder too. So I walk up to the window and smack it as hard as I could... that sure as **** got the drivers attention. So that is when I realize I am dealing with a chick, I instruct her to roll down her window, and after about 10 times of repeating myself, she finally complies. The conversation goes a little something like this:

Me: What the **** is the matter with you?
Her: Huh?
Me: You could have killed someone you ****ing moron.
Me: Pull the truck onto the shoulder (she was about 2 feet out)
Her: Uuuh, I am?
Me: No you are in the middle of the ****ing highway.

*She complies*

Me: Now listen to me, and listen good. Keep your left hand on the steering wheel, and with your right I want you to put it in park, take the keys out of the ignition, and place them on the dash board.
Her: Why?
Me: Don't ****ing ask questions. Do it or I'll call the cops right now.

*She complies*

Me: Give me the keys.
Her: No.
Me: Give me the ****ing keys, I won't ask again.
Her: No.
Me: Fine, I'll make the call.

*I call the cops a second time*

Dispatcher: What is your emergency?
Me: Yeah Hi, I have a drunk driver on the side of the highway in a gray Chevy Silverado, plate number 03T TW3, one female, caucasion, obviously intoxicated. So far she is following instructions.
Dispatcher: Okay, and where are you?
Me: I am on 1604 West just passed the Canyon Drive exit.
Dispatcher: Okay we will be there soon.
Me: Thanks!

So at this point the driver picks up her phone and starts dialing, probably hoping someone can come pick her up. So while she is talking I notice the keys in her lap, so I reach in and grab em. At that point I walk back to my car and wait.

About 10 minutes go by, and then I see her door open, and she starts to walk over. So I get out and meet her about half way and say "Get back in your vehicle" but she doesn't listen. So I say again "Get back in your vehicle!" Where am I? She asks. (She wanted to know so she could give the person on the phone directions) You can ask the cops when they get here, now get back in your vehicle! GET BACK IN YOUR VEHICLE NOW! I screamed as loud as I could. I think the person on the phone must have said "Uuh you better do as he asks" because right after I yelled she moved her ***.

So she returns to her truck and is pouting in the front seat, while I sit with her keys in my friends car. Then I get the genius idea, why not just lock her in? That way she won't approach me anymore. So I do just that : ) Then I turn some music on, open up the sunroof and wait.

About 25-30 minutes later the cops finally get there. He first stops at her truck, questions her for about 3 minutes and inspects the inside with a flashlight from outside, and then walks over to me.

Officer: You called the police?
Me: Yes sir, thank you for coming. *shakes hand*
Officer: So whats going on?
Me: Well I was heading home when I saw the truck swerving all over the road, and I decided to follow and exit behind her, and thankfully she decided on her own that she was going to pull over, after having at least 3 VERY near misses with other cars. Then when she pulled over I approached her window, told her to put it in park and turn it off and put the keys on the dash, and she followed instructions. Then while I was on the phone with dispatch I decided I would just grab her keys so she can't take off and kill someone. So I reached in and took them.
Officer: You what? That's a bad idea. You could have gotten shot, stabbed or killed...
Me: Yeah but at least I knowingly put myself in danger, rather than her killing someone totally innocent.
Officer: Just don't do it again. Can I get your information?

So basically I gave name, number, address, and all that good ****. Then he told me I was free to go, and I left. I wanted to stick around and watch her get cuffed, but I already freaked out my friend lol.

So that is the story of my eventful Saturday night.

Don't drink and drive!

Old 01-18-2009, 03:47 AM
Default RE: I ****ing hate drunk drivers.

Thas Awesome Sebba!
I wish someone like you was around the night before my uncles wedding when a drunk driver slammed into his car - t bone on drivers side. Took about a month on life support before my uncle finally passed away.

Consider yourself a good samaratin. You probably saved another family from going through what mine went through so many years ago.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Nice job,I cant stand when people do **** like that. Me and my g/f did the same thing but we followed the car and she called the cops,the guy we were following side swiped a car and a median.

Old 01-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Banned

Thanks guys, I feel a little better now. I just got done taking **** from a few morons on Talk.

Like seriously people.... you guys have to read some of the horse **** they wrote.

http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209302

Old 01-18-2009, 10:48 AM

good job m8

Old 01-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

I used to go on dsmtalk.com all the time but, the guys on there are just annoying so now I only go on the classifieds anymore lol.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:07 PM

hahaha I just remember being on the phone with you hearing you screaming.. I got a call at work cuz of course all the excitment happens while i'm here.. anddddd thennn... i hear your friend yelling at youa little bit later to shut the door... and you wouldn't because you thought she'd leave haha.. you're sooooooooo nosey! but i am too... I would have stuck around also

consider yourself a hero! no joke! someone could have been dead because of her!

Old 01-18-2009, 10:01 PM

dude what you did was awsome, and the right thing to do. i wouldve taken her keys too.youd make a pretty good cop too seb

Old 01-19-2009, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

well there is two sides to this....one is that you did the right thing in possibly saving her from hitting someone innocent...but the other is what would you think if someone without a police badge came up to you and said "give me your keys"

Now i dont know about anyone else but my first thought about this is....drunk "women" driving and a man comes up to her asking for her keys and all i can think of is someone trying to A. take advantage of her B. trying to steal her car while she is not thinking clearly.

Now Sebba dont take offense to this. I know you had no intentions on doing either of these (obviously you wouldnt have called the cops. But i bet that is what she was thinking, and she was probably calling someone to for both a ride, and also incase something happened. I mean thats the first thing you want to do when you feel threatened is call someone.

So even though you had goodintentions, its always a better thing to not come accross so strong and maybe explain to her that your only trying to help, not threaten. Just my 2 cents

Old 01-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Banned

I really couldn't care less how I came across. I made it perfectly clear why I was at her window.... she knew damn well. If she had any doubts in the first 10 seconds we were talking, that was cleared up fast when I said you could have killed someone.

It was obvious dude, she was having someone come get her because she was so trashed she wanted to escape a DUI.

The biggest reason why I was stern, was because I was making sure she didn't take me for a pushover and try anything stupid like take off.

Quick Reply: I ****ing hate drunk drivers.