Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

i no longer drive a mitsubishi

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Default RE: i no longer drive a mitsubishi

ORIGINAL: 00Mirage

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

ORIGINAL: Joshewuhh
The only complaint i have with the SRT-8 Charger is the automatic tranny on it.
Thats the only turn off.
If I have that much power, I want control over it.
i feel the same way... if i had to chose between a 700whp auto supra and a stock evo IX manual... it'd be the evo all day long!
my i ask why lol? its a supra it dont matter if its auto but thats jus me thinkin
valid point man, a supra is a supra no matter what way you think of it

Old 02-02-2007, 01:13 PM

automatic. . . mabey it's just me being stuborn but i can NOT drive an automatic souped up car. . . it's just tooo damn boring. there are a lot of ppl that i talk to that feel the same way also... i duno. must be a South Carolina thing lol

Old 02-02-2007, 01:16 PM

nah cause normally if a car has work done to it, yes i would deff prefer it to be manual, but when it comes to a 700whp supra at the right price.. bet your *** i will take it reguardless of the tranny

Old 02-02-2007, 01:23 PM

and mabey you're right but i've driven an turbo'd automatic probe gt pushin well over 360whp and i'd MUCH rather be driving something with less power and is a manual... i honestly think my tiny lil 115 whp (mustang dyno) eclipse is more fun to drive than that car!

Old 02-02-2007, 01:24 PM

i guess driving a turbod automatic is kinda gay in general..there you have no control at all...

Old 02-02-2007, 01:26 PM

bingo

Old 02-02-2007, 01:27 PM

but a supra is still a diff story.....

Old 02-02-2007, 01:52 PM

not 4 me... i'm sorry i could have a freakin automatic Lotus and still have fun in my eclipse... i seriously have FUN driving my car! and i don't in an automatic.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:49 PM

Automatics are boring. I used to have an auto tranny before my swap. I opted for a manual tranny because I missed shifting. There's one thing I can say about the auto tranny though and that is I can drive in traffic while smoking and drinking a coke alternately, lol.
The SRT-8 has a version of the autostick? So, they really aren't as boring as a general automatic tranny. They also have a manual conversion for them too. http://www.keislerauto.com/mopar/tra...s/6-speed.html
Don't forget the new EVO X is projected to have an auto tranny with it's version of the autostick too.
Yeah, I almost bought one, then I decided to go with my conversion instead. My choices were the EVO 9 MR and Charger SRT-8.
An auto tranny may be boring, but it will never misshift and if the auto tranny is modified with a shift kit, high stall torque converter, an LSD, etc, and as long as the tranny can handle it, it won't be a slouch.
To me, an auto tranny is only a sophisticated manual tranny.

Old 02-08-2007, 01:43 AM

WTF did you buy a Dodge truck for??? Not only will you be putting a lot of gas in it but also trannies. I hate the Dodge truck body style..Yuck! Sorry about hatin on the Dodge but I sell Fords and to me, not because I sell them,Ford has the nicest lookin and best quality truck on the market right now. But if you're happy then that is what matters.

Quick Reply: i no longer drive a mitsubishi