Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

I want a digital camera

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006 | 05:23 AM
Default I want a digital camera

I need to buy a digital camera soon, but there are SO many choices. What kind of cameras do you suggest, or do you have?

It must also have a shutter speed type option for taking blurred pictures like this

Old 11-20-2006 | 08:49 AM
Default RE: I want a digital camera

any price range? kodac is everyones fav..i personally like fugi, but they dont have all the glamor things..oh and sony camera are sick nasty too :-)

Old 11-20-2006 | 12:01 PM

this might be a good camera for you, it is really cheap for the type. these styles usually go for well over a grand. here ya go

Old 11-20-2006 | 01:00 PM

i have an olympus, it cost about 400, but was well worth it. it does have a shutter speed option, and it has a quick shutter option where u turn the dial to the fast shutter speed and you can take shots of low light atmosphere without a flash so you dont get that flood light look. if you took the picture with another lower speed the shutter would take too long to close and the pics would always come out blurry. but basically if you want to get rid of that blurriness you need a high shutter speed camera. somthing like a cannon. personally i think the little touch of blur add alot to the picture and makes it seem like the cars are going very fast. they probably are anyways, looking at the type of cars they are.
but yeah i have a olympus and it does the trick for me. i like it, but if you want to be like a pro shot then look at something like a cannon. they wake prety good cameras.

Old 11-20-2006 | 01:32 PM

any SLR camera will have a shutter speed and will be better then most digital camera, but if you don't want to spend a lot you can get a good one for around 400-600 bucks.

Old 11-20-2006 | 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

i have a nikon coolpics and i would advice against it. It takes great daytime pics, and it has a shutter option and such, but the nighttime shots suck *** and the video option is kinda crappy too cuz it makes them into quicktime movies which dont come out very well

Old 11-20-2006 | 03:41 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

i have a nikon coolpics and i would advice against it. It takes great daytime pics, and it has a shutter option and such, but the nighttime shots suck *** and the video option is kinda crappy too cuz it makes them into quicktime movies which dont come out very well
you just suck with a camera, we have all seen your pics.....

Old 11-20-2006 | 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

actually mike has taken some with my camera too and they still dont come out all that great. Whenever there isnt adequate lighting my camera will take a picture but before it does it takes a while to focus, then flash, then take it. So the time it takes you cant even flinch, and if you do it comes out blurry. So its kinda a pain. Ive only looked into the settings once so i dont know if there is a way that it will come out better. Cuz i dont think the camera should work that bad. cuz its a 6 Megapixel camera and was originally $350 or something.

Old 11-20-2006 | 06:56 PM

i got a sony for the sema show and i got a lot of good pics.

Old 11-20-2006 | 06:58 PM
Banned

Nikon make some of the best cameras in the world.

Personally i recomend anything in their "L" series. Example the "Coolpix L1, L2, L3 and L4. The L1 is the highest spec and the L4 is the cheapest. I have the L4 and still takes great pictures at a reasonable price.

Quick Reply: I want a digital camera