Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

JavaScript chatrom

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 07:04 PM
Default JavaScript chatrom

Hey, do you guys think we should have a chatroom? Or even like a Instant Message type of thing? Cause it's 5:00 and there are people here, but nobody's able to directly talk to anyone. I always thought it would nice to have atleast one, but that would bring down our post scores(who needs 'em anyways?). Anyways, what do you guys think?

Old 12-02-2004, 04:03 AM
Default RE: JavaScript chatrom

It'd be lots of fun actually.....Im all for that idea!!

Old 12-02-2004, 09:39 PM

I used to be on a mustang forums just like this one and after a while some of us exchanged AIM sn's but that was as close as we ever came.

Old 12-04-2004, 04:31 PM

I think it'll help, we'll get a lot more new members. The other day, there were 14 members and 92 guests at the site. Since all they could do was read old posts, i think that deters guests from signing up. a chatroom might be more enticing, especially if they could take part in what were talking about at that moment.

Old 12-04-2004, 07:47 PM

I think it's a great idea...

Old 12-06-2004, 12:46 AM

then if people just had a question but didn't wanna sign up right off they could ask it that way as well. I've always found forums good resources in the past so after looking at a few for the eclipse I liked this one and signed up. A lot of people don't always know how useful it is or don't think they're forum people. I think it would def get some more people to sign up if that's what you guys are looking for.

Old 12-07-2004, 12:39 AM

That's nice Tmann, right when I load up the page I see a huge picture of John Luke Piquard like staring back at me.....i thought i was in a Star Trek forum for second....

Note; Get smaller pics! That really was kinda surprising at first. Funny but surprising.

Anyways, the chatroom idea would work, however for the times when no members are logged in and we have a bum rush of people looking at the site, they're gonna be like "no one's there, this forum must suck." Oh well, we can dream, can't we!?!?

Old 12-07-2004, 12:56 PM

sounds like a good idea to me.........

Old 12-21-2004, 11:28 PM

that would be cool, but then what would happen to our post whoreing??