Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is it just me... or?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 11:48 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Is it just me... or?

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

I think the admins and mods need to get together here and do the same thing to you here sebba lol

no jk.. but I have said all along that all other sites will ban you in a heart beat for just not using the search button
Gee and to think we just flame the shyt outta people for not using the search button...

Old 11-23-2006, 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

well if it makes you feel better I was banned for a week from supraforums for posting a link in the FS section of Tearstone's group buy on the AEM wideband o2 I have. He was selling them $240 shipped that was like $60 off and that was a week after they came down in price from $395shipped. I was trying to help somepeople out and I got banned.

that site isn't even as strict as the celicasupra site for all mk2 supras and same age celicas. they dont even agree with mk3 or 4 supras joining or going to the meets. i agree with the fact that some forums need to ease up alittle bit. when you think about it, if it's so strict who's going to want to be in fear of writting something "wrong".

Old 11-23-2006, 03:20 AM

^^^ that is why I have like 10 total posts on EVOm

Old 11-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

i will say one of the nicest sites ive been on (aside from here) is the mr2 forums. Even if something is kinda ugly, almost everyone will say something good about it. It kinda freaks me out

Old 11-26-2006, 12:44 AM

Talk doesn't bother me at all? Neither does Tuner's. It's all about how you see any of them really. The reason for the new rules...actually the rules have always been in place, they just weren't enforced..is because of all the newbies that go on there and never search for the easiest answers. There's A LOT of info in both databases but no one likes to search. That will get you flamed in a heartbeat not to mention get the thread locked.
Besides, if you noticed, there are a lot of kids that don't know how to speak proper english, type with slang, use run on sentences, all of which get's hard to read. On top of that the poster get's upset that no one respondes to the thread, lol. Sebba, do you really need to cuss to get your point across? IMO, no, I can read your anger just fine without it. There were a bunch of folks who just couldn't stop cussing over there too. Not to mention the misinformation.
I don't like hanging out at the lounge there because it's just so much BS and folks showing their E-shlongs, I'm glad the mods/admin are doing their jobs, I was getting tired of the same questions that were posted the week prior. If you look there long enough, you'll see a pattern. People are also asking the most trivial questions that can be found just by opening the hood. Stricter? Yes, but it's definitely needed because the owners are getting younger and younger and not to mention they are being too lazy lately.
I like it here and it's sister site Dodge Forums because it's refreshing to see folks actually communicating instead of flaming. I mod at Dodge Forum and I don't like folks cussing or flaming there either...there's just better ways to communicate IMO.
And then there's those folks that go on sites just to post "for sale" threads, knowing that there will be at least one kid to fall for it and get screwed. That in itself makes for a bad site.

Just my 2.

Old 11-26-2006, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't know you modded over at Dodgeforum. I don't stop in there TOO often as I only have a '64 coronet and it's REALLY not well supported over there. Besides I'm trying to sell it. But I have a mitsu built DD and have been a member actively for quite some time here. This site has taught me alot.

Old 11-26-2006, 06:03 PM

How much for the Coronet?

2 or 4 dr?

I like the big chrysler products(Although that is nowhere near the size my old 67 Newport was)

Old 11-27-2006, 02:08 AM

i cant figure out how to work the damn mirageforum

Old 11-27-2006, 06:47 PM

They took my purple skin away^ Damn them damn them all! Actually there are lots of cool people on mirageforum.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:53 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmitsusrock

They took my purple skin away^ Damn them damn them all! Actually there are lots of cool people on mirageforum.
yea there cool and helpful, but this forum is easier for me to work lol