Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Lookin for a Straight up easy answer

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Default Lookin for a Straight up easy answer

ok, i wanna put a 4g63t in my car, it currently has a 4g37. now i have a step dad thats a desiel mechanic, and an uncle that works on muscle cars for a side job. the uncle is the one helpin me probly cuz hes got the engine hoist and stuff at home. well what i want to know is EVERYTHING i am gunna need to change or move or anything. knowing i dont have a turbo now and going to turbo, will i need new/stronger tranny? will i need new mounts? wiring harness? ecu i know..... im asking for EVERYTHING. even though i listed those up there, please dont just say yes. i get confused EASY... haha... if anyone out there has done this please let me know EVERYTHING i need to change or replace in the most simple way possible. like a straight up list if you can so i can print it and make this easier. if i sound like im being a dick im sorry, im just not the smartest and i need to know what i need to buy befor i take it to my uncles to do the swap. he dont want the car in there for a month. and anything you list, if theres a spacific brand or anything that you prefer, please also include that.

THANKS ALOT, cory

Old 02-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Default RE: Lookin for a Straight up easy answer

i'm not familiar with the 4g67, but as long as the 4g63 trani bolts up to the 4g63 block, you should be good to go on that trani for up to about 350-400whp. i know this doesn't asnwer all of your questions but it's a start and it's all i got lol

Old 02-09-2007, 06:59 PM

lol, thanks but i still am lookin for an A+ list from someone who can help me.... i think you ment to say your not familiar with the 4g37. and thats the 1.8l slow engine..... lol

Old 02-18-2007, 06:39 PM

um anyone know.... is this possible, cmon i need a lil help here... lol

Old 02-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Super Moderator

honestly i dont really know. I know that doing the swap is possible but most people ive seen have just turbo'd the 1.8

Old 02-20-2007, 01:05 AM

haha, i was just lookin in the sight and sound section and found a pic of the engine i have..... lol but not this goofy color. alot of ppl say they dont know what engine im talkin about so this is it. i can put a 4g63t in right engineer? i dont wanna just turbo it cuz im havning alot of probs with it, and i cant seem to stop an oil leak it has.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

actually we were just talking about this engine last week laughing at it

Old 02-20-2007, 11:00 AM

Here you go bud, this question was bugging me, so I searched for it for you and voila....
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/show...highlight=4g37
It's a thread from Tuners, so you'll have to fix the addy, but it will answer your questions for you.
I can understand the reason for not just going out and finding a stock turbo DSM. By the looks of it you've put some time and money into your car.
Here's a quick rundown for you, although, it would be good for you to check out the entire thread.
ShadowGSX

I did the swap myself about a year ago. From 1.8L to 2.0L N/T

Understand one thing, dont buy 1990 car parts if you own a 91-94 DSM.

First of all the swap is not difficult. Make sure you own a car manual, like Haynes, etc...
Makes the job a whole lot easier.

Things I needed to complete the swap.
-ECU and Engine harness
-Drivers side motor mount
-Alternator, cuase the one from the 1.8 doesnt fit
-Intake pipe and MAF sensor

The transmission will bolt on to the 2.0L N/T engine and you are able to use the same axles.
Actually, here's what I searched and got..
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/sear...archid=2555635

Old 02-20-2007, 09:20 PM

Thanks alot man. that works great. but i cant get either of the links to work, think you can tell me why i cant or just post the whole thread (dont know how long it is).... but also, this will be the exact same for a turbo engine instead of n/t right. cuz im swapping from 1.8 to 2.0Turbo, and he did the n/t.

thanks again man, thats like exactly what i was hopin to find

Old 02-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

they this
http://www.dsm tuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166976&highlight=4g37
^^
Just remove this space

Quick Reply: Lookin for a Straight up easy answer