Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Making a power calc program

Old 03-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default Making a power calc program

All right I picked up this little POS program a few years back called Sport Tuner Pro. Suipposedly you put in the make, model of your car and then the parts you have and it would calc approximate power. Well when I installed it and ran it was a little POS. I was pissed. You put in the parts and then put in the HP YOU thought it gave you. So what I am asking is for people to give me real #'s so I can remake this program and give release a bit more of it's potential. NESpeed and Emonz you'lll likely be best for helping me here. I'd like to see if I can get some real #'s and maybe start making this program really work. If I can get the Eclipse section up to par then I will continue on this quest to do such for other cars.

Old 03-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Making a power calc program

Well a whole 6 views and not a comment yet... Damn...

Old 03-16-2006, 10:59 PM

what do you need? HP #s of what our cars should be from Mod to mod?

Old 03-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

i couldn't see any program like this working too well. Cuz no matter what every car is different, you make SO MANY assumptions when using this. 1) the car is running with good compression 2) you don't have any leaks 3) ect, ect ect

You could only really get a very rough estimate, and even then i couldn't see their calcs being all that accurate either, cuz the only way to be accurate would be to test cars after every mod and combinations. Which obviously you can't do feasibly. So i would never trust a program to tell me what my car has for HP.

Old 03-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

It wouldn't be something for an exact HP 3's I would have that it was all estimated #'s. But I'd like to make a program that people can at least look at and have an idea. Instead of them having to guess or put all #'s in themselves except the starting HP and torque. Essentially I'm looking at trying to get approximate #'s with each mod.

I was just rather upset when I spent the $ to get this and it's an overgrown calculator program that couldn't even save the info on my car right. (It saved it and couldn't load it into the right spots when I tried to load the car again).