Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/)
-   -   MF Banner (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/mf-banner-15892/)

TheEngineer 01-12-2007 03:00 PM

MF Banner

Im kinda thinking that a new banner is in order since, as much as i love the evo, looking at it all the time gets repetitive. And that i think it should have something other than an evo. What do you guys think? And i dotn really have photoshop skills so if anyone wants to make some maybe we can all get a say in what it should be if you guys agree with me

davidmitsusrock 01-12-2007 05:54 PM

RE: MF Banner

we should do somethen like this...its the banner from me and mike's site made by a guy named max.

all the members should send in their pics and put it all together...or you could make something simple like a mitsu logo.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9...ptthreevl0.jpg

EMonz57 01-12-2007 07:50 PM

very nice. you know I like the EVO up top though lol. But yea the site is due for a little dress up to make it more appealing to ALL mitsu owners

EMonz57 01-12-2007 07:52 PM

maybe what we should do is takea pool of some of the members rides and best pics and have a banner made out of actual members cars who post on the site??

TheEngineer 01-12-2007 07:58 PM

yea i like that idea.

paintballproam 01-12-2007 09:41 PM

I think without a doubt, there should be a pic of a 4g63t motor in it.

93eclipsegsx 01-12-2007 10:01 PM

sounds good to me

estraw 01-12-2007 10:11 PM

dont forget the 4g64, everyone knows that motor kicks ass!!! lol

TheEngineer 01-12-2007 10:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres a good one
Attachment 12001

estraw 01-12-2007 10:17 PM

i like it!!

davidmitsusrock 01-12-2007 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

maybe what we should do is takea pool of some of the members rides and best pics and have a banner made out of actual members cars who post on the site??
exactly what i said emonz lol.

davidmitsusrock 01-12-2007 10:31 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

heres a good one
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...turbo20KIt.gif
do you have a bigger pic of this?!?!?!?!

thestealth 01-12-2007 10:45 PM

Maybe feature former Ride of the Month winners..?

EMonz57 01-12-2007 11:12 PM

ORIGINAL: thestealth

Maybe feature former Ride of the Month winners..?
we need to get someone who can photoshop good. and see what we can come up with

jlh077464 01-13-2007 01:35 AM

I think this is a great idea.....sumthin new to look at.

tidus10 01-13-2007 01:39 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

we need to get someone who can photoshop good. and see what we can come up with
i would need the exact size needed for the banner..and i could probably try to work something

TheEngineer 01-13-2007 03:30 AM

nah i dont have a bigger one of that pic. I only took it off the AMS site. Ill try and find a bigger one for ya

TheEngineer 01-13-2007 03:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
ok heres a couple more i found. See what ya think
Attachment 11999
Attachment 12000

i really like the second one

Sebba 01-13-2007 05:39 AM

Also, the EVO in the banner is an older EVO. I say lets get some of the new line in there. Ralliart Eclipse/EVO X kinda thing..... i think that would look hot. Update!!!

I also like the idea of the AMS killer motor... me like :D

EMonz57 01-13-2007 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Also, the EVO in the banner is an older EVO. I say lets get some of the new line in there. Ralliart Eclipse/EVO X kinda thing..... i think that would look hot. Update!!!

I also like the idea of the AMS killer motor... me like :D
The eclipse GSX and EVO x are not even in production. and the GSX will never prob be so why put it up there

estraw 01-13-2007 02:28 PM

because the gsx is soon gonna be one of the fastest cars than any member of the form owns, so why not put like the top 3 fastest or most hp on there

Sebba 01-13-2007 04:27 PM

Well heres how i see it......

They both fit the colour scheme. The Ralliart Eclipse is in red... and the EVO X pictures are mostly red... the valve cover for the EVO motor is red too.... so why the **** not?

hatchetman9449 01-13-2007 04:55 PM

idk if the idea of all members cars in it with a mitsubishi logo is still in question, but id have to say thats my favorite idea, cuz then when more than one person get on they can see their own car at the top of the home page. just my opinion though

estraw 01-13-2007 05:06 PM

how about people that post in this thread.. people that actually know what is going on with the banner get their cars pictures in the banner

hatchetman9449 01-13-2007 05:12 PM

GREAT IDEA!!! haha, i just think it would be neat to see my car in there, but i guess everyone on here that has talked about it think its to ricey. i have intentions to remove the decale in the summer because its put away for the winter and i have no money due to all the repairs i had to do on the body.

echostats 01-13-2007 06:54 PM

Agreed. It's getting old... we should have people make up their banner and then have a vote.

Just so everyone knows though, the thing you're calling a "banner" at the top of the page on this site is actually not a "banner" as most of you are thinking. There will need to be some coding to get it to work right so whoever is in charge and can change the code will have to mess with it.

For those of you that may have ever done coding or graphics, from what I can see the "banner" on this site is actually all cut up into about 4 images. This means that making a banner will require someone to either change the code to work with 1 image or the person submitting the image will just need to cut their image exactly how the above is.

It's very, very easy to do but looking back at the thread where I asked about certain things being censored, etc, some of the admins stated that they do not have access to the code of the website.

Just want to make sure we are able to do this before we get all excited about changing it and here we're not even able to.

I type WAY too much.

TheEngineer 01-13-2007 07:48 PM

i agree we really need to find out how the banner is created so that anyone who attempts a new one knows what parameters must be met

davidmitsusrock 01-13-2007 09:40 PM

on my site you just host the picture like a signature or whatnot...its under advanced settings.

EMonz57 01-13-2007 11:13 PM

Why dont we have every member with a mitsu powered car post there ONE favorite pic of it and anyone with PS skillz can take them and make something up so we can get a few ideas and then I can send it to patrick and ask for a change.

ba3kgt 01-13-2007 11:54 PM

some forums actually have some of their members car actually featured at the beginning of their website. its a serperate phtot in the middle of the page. everytime u load the page someone elses pop up. just a thought in case someones car doesn't get to be in the banner.

EMonz57 01-14-2007 12:02 AM

Yea its like a title page

TheAdvocate 01-14-2007 12:52 AM

I could get some ideas around...

ba3kgt 01-14-2007 01:12 AM

still it could be a way to show off the members cars

ba3kgt 01-14-2007 01:47 AM

i think we should have a theme song in the background

only say that for my 100th post

94 3kgt sl 01-14-2007 01:43 PM

yeah that song by deep purple. isnt it highway superstar or something. haha i love that song. you know they do that intro title page idea on supra forums. its pretty neat bc you get a big picture of one car. like put up the rotm on the page in a big picture so that everyone knows who the rotm is instead of that little picture that doesnt really give the rotm justice.

EMonz57 01-14-2007 01:56 PM

That is a good point. but I do get annoyed with the supraforums intro page too. I am a daily visiter over there and I am too lazy to be bothered with clicking enter lol. on second thought what happens when we get another ROTM winning like when theengineers POS elantra won he only got votes cause it was just funny. when a new person looking around sees that as a intro page they might just turn around and not even enter the site lol

hatchetman9449 01-14-2007 03:36 PM

the rotm idea is awsome to me but then again emonz has a point. i wouldnt realy care though cuz i have a sence of humor and im already a member and i know about all of this going on. but a new member joining might turn around and leave when they see that.

tidus10 01-14-2007 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: hatchetman9449

the rotm idea is awsome to me but then again emonz has a point. i wouldnt realy care though cuz i have a sence of humor and im already a member and i know about all of this going on. but a new member joining might turn around and leave when they see that.
"another one bites the dust" :-p

i need dimentions and i might be able to try and make one..oh and i need the maximum file size...

Patrick 01-17-2007 05:17 PM

for those who dont know, this site is a member of a large company, which runs a string of sites...we have a graphics dept, so what i need is ideas for the new header...and the graphics dept will see what they can do...

so we dont want just an evo....so what DO you guys want?

Sebba 01-17-2007 05:23 PM

I think the red is nice...

I would like to see the new EVO X and the Ralliart eclipse.. although the eclipse might never be produced... its red... and its one of the hottest mitsubishis around. I say they will look great together.