Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Default Mods

alright you n00bs lol. I need the moderators to pay some attention to the FS and wanted section. I just poked in there and holy ***** there are way to many PAs in there. I am only posting here becuase it seems like no one goes into the moderators only section and read my posts about this issue.

SO HELP A BROTHER OUT

Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Default RE: Mods

hey man, i spent like 20-30 mins in there yesterday trying to clean it up and approve/delete as many as i could on the main page. but i 120% agree that we need to keep a closer eye on it. mostly spam these days though.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Once again i state. I can not stand the PA system. I really feel it should be a buyer beware

Old 02-21-2008, 12:31 PM

x2

Old 02-21-2008, 02:39 PM

just post a sticky for the buyers saying something like "please read over the seller rules, if parts of the recommended information for the seller are missing, we advise you not to buy from this seller" or something like that

Old 02-21-2008, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: estraw

just post a sticky for the buyers saying something like "please read over the seller rules, if parts of the recommended information for the seller are missing, we advise you not to buy from this seller" or something like that
If we cant even get mods to approve these things there is no way we will get them to post in them saying that lol

Old 02-21-2008, 06:34 PM

Kind of frustrating.. I feel bad deleting someones post b/c they forget some minor things.. Or I feel like I should aprove it.. I usually aprove them and send them a private message tellin them to fix certain stuff.. But I do like the buyer beware idea..

Old 02-21-2008, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

ORIGINAL: estraw

If we cant even get mods to approve these things there is no way we will get them to post in them saying that lol
i dont mean in every post, just at the top of the forum, like in OT we have the sticky's up top with the srt crash story and myspace links and w/e else, just do the same thing in there once with some advice for buyers

Old 02-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

We do have a sticky at the top with all of the rules in them. Right now the system is supposed be setup to screen out the spammers and such. But what happens sometimes is the seller wont follow some of the rules even though the thread seems legit and we are supposed to delete them, like advocate was talking about.

I think there should just be 2 sticky's in there. The first one for the sellers to read which we already have describing what is required for a post. And the second is for buyers to read describing that we are not responsible for people getting ripped off. And that they should just report any questionable threads to a moderator or anything that either seems like spam or is known to be. Also give buyers some things to look at such as
- did the seller follow the rules
- How many posts does the seller have. Low Post counts should be an indication to be cautious.

stuff like that. Just to help buyers beware. But the screening of every post i believe is excessive.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:53 PM

x2.. Obviously we still need to keep an eye on it, but very very few actually follow all of the rules when posting in there, even though You know they are legit post's.. Time to hit the mod section with new ideas!!

Quick Reply: Mods