Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Post mods in sig
40.00%
Just ask
20.00%
My car is stock anyway, so it doesn't matter
40.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Mods in sig

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:27 AM
Default RE: Mods in sig

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

its definetly a good idea because alot of the time people never say even what kinda eclipse they have, nvm the mods
Isn't that the truth, lol.
ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

i think it's a good idea EXCEPT for ppl that have every mod in the book... their sig would go on forever.
Those guys would most likely not need our help if they're that far along, lol.
Seriously though, most folks who have heavily modded motors would rather a list of mods than a pic of their car. It's that whole bragging rights thing.
Also, I don't mean every little thing, for example, you wouldn't want to show off some underbody neons if you've got an impressive list of motor mods, see what I mean?. The motor mods are what you're trying to highlight..I would think and those items can fit in 255 spaces. I do it over at DSMLink forums. I just have to state the more important motor mods. Now I know Talk has a section to put mods in your profile, that's a nifty thing and I like that, although going through the menu kind of sucks....and it's not even that many steps, lol.
Now, if the site could be programmed to use a profile setup where we could state the year, trim, and mods, and have a pic in the sig box, that would be great!
I guess, even linking your sig pic to the mod page on your CarDomain site is fine too. I do that too.
Anyway, the point is..it would be easier to troubleshoot issues if we could see the mod list instead of asking if they have an AFPR, fuel pump, or whatever. In the end, it just tacks on posts to the thread and wastes time having to ask if they have this that or the other or even if they forget what they have.
I don't blame the OP, because it's easy to forget that kind of info sometimes...I know I do it when I email vendors on parts...JNZ is so patient with me, lol.
I know not everyone is modded, but for the ones that are, it's a good way to relay the mods without having to be asked or for us having to ask.

If the profile thing can be done, then that's even better. Either way is cool with me, but you guys know it's annoying to have to ask for a list of mods and then finally get it 2-3 posts down.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:33 AM

I think listing everything you have would be pointless and time consuming... Though BIG mods may be worth it. THough, countering that, what if neons or something are what is causing the problem and its NOT on your mods list. It is too bad that theres no way to put it in your profile.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:43 AM

That's true too Dusty (and I agree about the BIG mods part). I know that I would ask what electrical mods that person had at that point, lol. Electrical issue just don't pop up as much as motor issues though.

Oh and welcome back from wherever you were, lol.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:45 AM

lol, ecchhh.... LONGGGG story involving bailing my little sister outta jail. But thanx.
True, electrical problems dont pop up as much as motor... at least not with DSMs, lol.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:15 AM

you are right, ppl that far along usually don't need our help but there are those freak accidents where ppl do need help b/c they are stuck.... i duno, this is one i'm truely torn on. here it is.... if the person is smart enough to mod their car and do it correctly and they are truely wanting help on their car, i would think they would have enough sense to list their mods!!!! and sometimes it's not even necessary to list them... i'm gonna go with "just ask them" on this one...

Old 06-05-2007, 02:58 AM

you are right, ppl that far along usually don't need our help but there are those freak accidents where ppl do need help b/c they are stuck.... i duno, this is one i'm truely torn on. here it is.... if the person is smart enough to mod their car and do it correctly and they are truely wanting help on their car, i would think they would have enough sense to list their mods!!!! and sometimes it's not even necessary to list them... i'm gonna go with "just ask them" on this one...
Fine, you are no longer on my tall people list, you are now on my midget list!! Lmao, just kidding bro, lol.
I like the sig idea. IMO, if you want people to see your car, put pics of it in our gallery, that's what it's there for

Old 06-05-2007, 07:10 AM

midget to yet another

Old 06-11-2007, 08:01 AM

midget to yet another
Whaaat?! I am teh tall! Lol. You know I'm just joshing with you right?

Ok, I'll lead by example.
All the basics from motor to tranny to monitoring. From my mod list in my sig, one could easily tell what my motor is capable of. That's 5 lines with a word count of 240. I still have 15 more characters to put in there...and you're still able to click the list which will take you to my CarDomain site that has the full list of mods, with the basics, supporting mods, and little insignificant extras.
Again, I would rather put them into my profile, but that's not optioned on this board.