Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/)
-   -   the next big step for me..update she said YES (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/next-big-step-me-update-she-said-yes-23861/)

MrJayDeeOne 12-04-2007 12:47 AM

the next big step for me..update she said YES

I am going to be proposing to my GF of almost 3 years next week. I picked up the ring on Friday. We are going to Jamaica for a week leaving Sunday. There is a waterfall that she wants to see out there (Dunns River Falls), that you go on a tour and walk through it and around it and all. And this is something she has wanted to do since she went to Jamaica years ago with her parents and she didn't have the right shoes to go on the tour. Anyways I am going to make friends with a tour guide and let him know the deal. I am going to ask him to take pics of us a few times. And when I am good and ready I will have him take a pic and then propose to her and have that pic taken as well. Sounds like a plan for me. She wont be suspecting it cause I told her I can't buy her a ring anytime soon, and she wouldn't expect it infront of a lot of people either, and I will look like the man to others that see this take place[sm=smiley2.gif]
Wish me luck guys and girls. I know that she will say yes. But I have already started to tell her friends and family that if she says no, I will be leaving her there. Coming home. Selling the ring and turboing my galant:D

Threepk2 12-04-2007 12:56 AM

RE: the next big step for me

Good Luck man I went on the Dunns River Falls tour when I was on a cruise, and its amazing. But if she says no then you get to turbo your Galant, so its a win win situation haha...j/k. Have fun and good luck.

MrJayDeeOne 12-04-2007 01:40 AM

Haha. thanks dude

nick_200321 12-04-2007 06:10 AM

yea man, good luck, im sure she will say yes! good for you!

bestwiseguy 12-04-2007 07:50 AM

Good luck man, I am sure she will say yes. Because if she says now then she will look like a complete ass. LOL j/k

Sebba 12-04-2007 11:32 AM

Good luck man. Good luck for the rest of your life too..... your gonna need it lol.

estraw 12-04-2007 11:47 AM

lol dont tell him that, your gonna scare him haha. seriously man, congrats on the decision and good luck with hers. im sure she wont hesitate to say yes

Sebba 12-04-2007 11:49 AM

Im not saying a word lol

jpmontero98 12-04-2007 01:02 PM

the 3 rings of love
[ul][*] engagement ring[*] wedding ring[*] suffer-ring
[/ul]

lol jk man good luck to you bro:)

MrJayDeeOne 12-04-2007 04:31 PM

:Dthanks for the kind words guys

EMonz57 12-04-2007 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Good luck man. Good luck for the rest of your life too..... your gonna need it lol.

From the young one on here lol of course a young guy will think that way. At some point you grow out of that for some reason. Not really sure why though it just happens at some point

jpmontero98 12-04-2007 04:52 PM

gettin old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Sebba 12-04-2007 05:05 PM

Hey dude i have watched countless members of my family get married... and my brother is about to be the next (dude im living with) ... so i have a reason for saying that lol.

MrJayDeeOne 12-08-2007 06:07 PM

so my sister picked me up a fake ring to give her and I am going to leave the real one at home and give it to her when we come back. I think it's better off this way. Her parents didn't think the proposal idea was good, cause what if the ring falls or whatever
24 hours and we will be away from this cold and sitting in Jamaica

jpmontero98 12-08-2007 06:15 PM

have fun and good luck, hope all goes well in your favor

MrJayDeeOne 12-08-2007 06:26 PM

thanks JP

shreff99 12-08-2007 08:28 PM

JayDee...wait! How old are you???? Just make sure you are absolutely right about this! Lots of young married couples divorce by the second year..Yes it's just a stat but it's true and have seen quite a few of my friends get married and divorce not too long after that...I know that marriage is supposed to be a special bond between two people but nowadays it's also a big financial bond/responsibility especially when you get into having "joint" accounts, buying a home, having kids, buying a van LOL, having credit cards together, etc. etc....I do finance at our dealership and have seen so many people's credit ruined because of divorce...They can't buy steam off a hot pile of poop in the snow cuz their credit was crushed by their divorce...Not trying to sound real negative but I just want you to make sure you are doing the right thing and lookin out for ya a bit...I hope everything works out well for the two of you and hope you both are happy for the rest of your lives...Good luck andcongrats!

MrJayDeeOne 12-08-2007 08:36 PM

yeah I know of all the stats and what not. I am going to be 30 in feb and her 28 in march. I really love this girl. She is supportive of me and has been through a lot with me. We have been together almost 3 years now, and she is definitely the girl I want to spend the rest of my life with. I was actually engaged before, back in um 01, and yeah that never made it to marriage. The girl was a psycho, total facad(sp) she was putting on. This one is different though. Thanks for the wishes and for looking out for me

shreff99 12-08-2007 08:48 PM

That's cool man...I'm 30 as well and was close to being engaged twice...once I was only two weeks away from it and I was 23 at the time and just graduated college then..She broke up with me two weeks before the day I was going to propose which would have been on Easter Sunday of that year...I look back on it now and I thank God that I didn't get married back then because I was nowhere near ready for it then and would have made a huge mistake..The girl was right, just not the time I guess.

MrJayDeeOne 12-09-2007 04:02 AM

alight guys and girls. I have another hour left of work. And then we leave this afternoon. I will be back in a week.

Sebba 12-09-2007 11:37 AM

Peace out! Good luck

waroverjp 12-10-2007 07:15 PM

hey man, im new here, n don know u but good luck with the proposal, was kinda wonderin if maybe, jus maybe u could plan to turbo the galant either way it turns out? i was lookin at the pics of that car, and i think the car deserves it, lol:D

OldSchool 12-10-2007 07:31 PM

I'm late to the party because he is already gone, but, I went to Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica this year with my wife this year for our 25th aniversery and I'm a lucky guy. I'm more head over heels for her now than when I married her, she cooks and she looks great. Marriage is great and I would not want it any other way. Two things for a successful marriage, being able to put up with each other's faults and being able to laugh at each other and with each other. Lord knows she put up with my many many faults the first years of our marriage. I sometimes wonder why she stayed.I wish I could have talked to this young man sooner, rings are really reasonable in Cozumel, Mexico if he is getting to Dunn's River from a cruise Cozumel should be one of the stops, we bought a nearly 6 carrot Caribean Blue Topaz for 230.00, over a 4 carrot Blue Topaz for 350.00 and another 5 stone blue topaz for 90.00 in the Bahamas. No taxes and no duty for most of the shops.

Sebba 12-10-2007 07:34 PM

And they are most likely mined by 4 year olds lol

MrJayDeeOne 12-15-2007 11:41 PM

RE: the next big step for me..update she said YES

Well I am back. Well actually we are back. The trip was great. We had a lot of fun. Drinkin' all day hanging out on the beach and what not. The weather was beatuiful each day 'cept for Wednesday afternoon. It poured for hours. I heard there was a tropical depression in the area, that was the cause of that. It rained for a few minutes here and there the rest of the trip.
Oh yeah so Wednesday we went on the Dunns River Falls tour. There was a group of prolly 3 dozen of us, as well as a tour guide from the falls and a guide that came along with us to tape the tour for the group. I got a hold of the guide with the video camera and told him I wanted to propose to my GF there that day, where would be good. He told me that up a head a piece there is a level area that he is going to stop and take pictures of all the couples on the tour, and that he would let me know and that is a great spot for it. So anyways a few minutes later he pulls me off the line and then my GF right after, she has no idea what is going on, but kinda thought something, but also thought there was too many people around and I wouldn't have done it there. Next thing you know, bam I got the "ring" out and I am asking her to marry me. She was in shock, no I didn't get down on 1 knee as the water would have been up to my nose. After catching her composure she responds with a yes and a few tears. I got everyone in our group applauding and congratulating us. My proposal to her was taped by the guide, as we begin to get back in line, he askes to see her "bling Bling" and she shows the ring to the camera. I then explain to her that this is a fake ring, and I will give her the real one when we get back home. She thought that was a great idea for me to leave the real one at home. She was also releaved as the fake ring was much too big and gaudy for her, and also the style of the ring was nothing like she was interested in. She was giddy the rest of the tour. We went back to the hotel after that and a couple hours later the group got together to see how the dvd looked to see if people were interested in purchasing it. Anyways music was added to the whole thing and special effects and what not. My proposal is on that dvd for everyone that was in our group and bought a copy of it to see. I am going to see if I can upload that portion and post it on here, you can't hear any audio, but you get the jist of the situation.
Me and my fiance have plenty of pictures from the trip that I will get uploaded as soon as I can. A picture of the proposal was also taken with the waterproof camera that I brought along, but I don't know how well that one came out.
Anyways off to bed, been up since around 9am Friday morning with a couple naps Friday afternoon as well as on the plane Saturday AM. We had a 8am flight, had to get the airport by 6am and we were picked up at the resort at 4:15am. We hung out all Friday night and got pretty fubared. Oh yeah and when we got back to my house today I gave her the real ring and she loved it.
No date set for the wedding at this time.

Dusty Eclipse 12-15-2007 11:51 PM

Congrats man!

Sebba 12-15-2007 11:57 PM

Congrats bro!!!!

bestwiseguy 12-16-2007 12:11 AM

Congrats man, I wish you both a long and happy marriage.

sk8dudety 12-16-2007 07:39 AM

damn... i was lookin forward to that turbo in ur car hahahah jk congrats man!

jpmontero98 12-16-2007 10:35 AM

AWSOME congrats dude:)

MrJayDeeOne 12-17-2007 07:52 PM

haha
thanks guys
looks like wedding will be late 08 or sometime in 09
not during the winter

shreff99 12-17-2007 09:05 PM

So everyone on here is going to get an invitation? :D

MrJayDeeOne 12-17-2007 09:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
haha
and here is the real ring
Attachment 9559
Attachment 9560
Attachment 9561
Attachment 9562
and here is the ring I used for the proposal
Attachment 9563

jpmontero98 12-17-2007 09:15 PM

hahah awsome dude, wish you luck and have a happy marrige:)

bestwiseguy 12-17-2007 09:23 PM

Good taste man, the ring looks great.

shreff99 12-17-2007 09:25 PM

Who'd you steal that from??? LOL..j/k!It's beautiful...now enough with the ring, let's see the bride! LOL

Sebba 12-17-2007 09:27 PM

Gorgeous. I want to steal it.

Good luck : )

shreff99 12-17-2007 09:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba

Gorgeous. I want to steal it.

Good luck : )
You would..and then you would use the money from pawning it to buy mods for your mom's car hahahahha!

Sebba 12-17-2007 09:37 PM

Catch up bro : P

That thing is LONG gone. Not to mention i dont even live in the UK anymore ;)

shreff99 12-17-2007 09:41 PM

I was just bustin on ya man...But did you guys notice that JayDee had to zoom the camera in on the diamond so it looks bigger? LOL