Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/)
-   -   the next big step for me..update she said YES (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/next-big-step-me-update-she-said-yes-23861/)

Sebba 12-09-2007 11:37 AM

RE: the next big step for me

Peace out! Good luck

waroverjp 12-10-2007 07:15 PM

hey man, im new here, n don know u but good luck with the proposal, was kinda wonderin if maybe, jus maybe u could plan to turbo the galant either way it turns out? i was lookin at the pics of that car, and i think the car deserves it, lol:D

OldSchool 12-10-2007 07:31 PM

I'm late to the party because he is already gone, but, I went to Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica this year with my wife this year for our 25th aniversery and I'm a lucky guy. I'm more head over heels for her now than when I married her, she cooks and she looks great. Marriage is great and I would not want it any other way. Two things for a successful marriage, being able to put up with each other's faults and being able to laugh at each other and with each other. Lord knows she put up with my many many faults the first years of our marriage. I sometimes wonder why she stayed.I wish I could have talked to this young man sooner, rings are really reasonable in Cozumel, Mexico if he is getting to Dunn's River from a cruise Cozumel should be one of the stops, we bought a nearly 6 carrot Caribean Blue Topaz for 230.00, over a 4 carrot Blue Topaz for 350.00 and another 5 stone blue topaz for 90.00 in the Bahamas. No taxes and no duty for most of the shops.

Sebba 12-10-2007 07:34 PM

And they are most likely mined by 4 year olds lol

MrJayDeeOne 12-15-2007 11:41 PM

RE: the next big step for me..update she said YES

Well I am back. Well actually we are back. The trip was great. We had a lot of fun. Drinkin' all day hanging out on the beach and what not. The weather was beatuiful each day 'cept for Wednesday afternoon. It poured for hours. I heard there was a tropical depression in the area, that was the cause of that. It rained for a few minutes here and there the rest of the trip.
Oh yeah so Wednesday we went on the Dunns River Falls tour. There was a group of prolly 3 dozen of us, as well as a tour guide from the falls and a guide that came along with us to tape the tour for the group. I got a hold of the guide with the video camera and told him I wanted to propose to my GF there that day, where would be good. He told me that up a head a piece there is a level area that he is going to stop and take pictures of all the couples on the tour, and that he would let me know and that is a great spot for it. So anyways a few minutes later he pulls me off the line and then my GF right after, she has no idea what is going on, but kinda thought something, but also thought there was too many people around and I wouldn't have done it there. Next thing you know, bam I got the "ring" out and I am asking her to marry me. She was in shock, no I didn't get down on 1 knee as the water would have been up to my nose. After catching her composure she responds with a yes and a few tears. I got everyone in our group applauding and congratulating us. My proposal to her was taped by the guide, as we begin to get back in line, he askes to see her "bling Bling" and she shows the ring to the camera. I then explain to her that this is a fake ring, and I will give her the real one when we get back home. She thought that was a great idea for me to leave the real one at home. She was also releaved as the fake ring was much too big and gaudy for her, and also the style of the ring was nothing like she was interested in. She was giddy the rest of the tour. We went back to the hotel after that and a couple hours later the group got together to see how the dvd looked to see if people were interested in purchasing it. Anyways music was added to the whole thing and special effects and what not. My proposal is on that dvd for everyone that was in our group and bought a copy of it to see. I am going to see if I can upload that portion and post it on here, you can't hear any audio, but you get the jist of the situation.
Me and my fiance have plenty of pictures from the trip that I will get uploaded as soon as I can. A picture of the proposal was also taken with the waterproof camera that I brought along, but I don't know how well that one came out.
Anyways off to bed, been up since around 9am Friday morning with a couple naps Friday afternoon as well as on the plane Saturday AM. We had a 8am flight, had to get the airport by 6am and we were picked up at the resort at 4:15am. We hung out all Friday night and got pretty fubared. Oh yeah and when we got back to my house today I gave her the real ring and she loved it.
No date set for the wedding at this time.

Dusty Eclipse 12-15-2007 11:51 PM

Congrats man!

Sebba 12-15-2007 11:57 PM

Congrats bro!!!!

bestwiseguy 12-16-2007 12:11 AM

Congrats man, I wish you both a long and happy marriage.

sk8dudety 12-16-2007 07:39 AM

damn... i was lookin forward to that turbo in ur car hahahah jk congrats man!

jpmontero98 12-16-2007 10:35 AM

AWSOME congrats dude:)