Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Nick Hogan sentenced

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Default Nick Hogan sentenced

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?ne...mp;silentchk=1&

8 months in jail. 3 years no driving and 5 years probation. He got pooched but his friend got it worse

Old 05-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned
Default RE: Nick Hogan sentenced

The inevitable happens.

Sad that his friend is in a vegetative state, no sentence can amount to the guilt placed upon him from that.

I don't think thats a harsh ruling at all. I am surprised they didn't throw the book at him. That kids life is destroyed.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:14 PM

there were many factors into the ruling. One being that he did get the book with the exception of the jail time and the jail time was only because of the Friends parents didnt want Nick to be in jail for 5 years.

The other things were 1) that the friend was 23 or 24 (an adult)2) Nick is 17 years old and 3) the friend had no seat belt on.

a 23-24 year old is old enough to know or say Hey man slow down, let me put on my seatbelt and hey you have had a few drinks maybe you shouldnt drive. Nick is still a minor and he was an "adult" so that is where the ruling favored nick not that it helped him much

Old 05-10-2008, 07:10 PM

yea i saw that on tv last night... i guess you reap what you sew

Old 05-11-2008, 01:09 AM

Maybe he'll get raped in jail. The hole that justice left closed, needs to bleed.

Old 05-11-2008, 02:47 AM

Ultimate Warrior said "By the time he's out of jail, he wont be able to hold a fart in" .... LOL.....

Both of them acted irresponsible... Nick shouldnt have drank alcohol, he shouldnt have drove that car, or drove that car that fast.. Evidently it was too much for him to handle..

His friend should have not gotten into a car with someone who was intoxicated.. He should have also said "Hey dude, dont race.. stop.. slow down or let me out"... and he should have wore his seatbelt..

I dont think Nick feels guilty for what happened to his friend.. I think he felt guilty because he wrecked, got caught, couldnt have his dad make it disappear and is upset because he's in jail.. He's been so overly privilaged all his life (cue in 1000hp Supra at 17!) I dont think he completely understood that there are consiquences for his actions.. Now, he's facing those consiquences,as an adult, to where it wont be exponged off his record..I think his parents should also admit some blame in this for being so irresponsible to purchase such a powerful car for their child, knowing that he couldnt handle a car like that, and his previous acts of irresponsibility.. Nick is a very intelligent and cunning child.. He used the blanket of his father's celebrity to weasle his way out of his stupid decisions.

I am so sad that his poor friend (especially that he escaped Iraq alive) is left in a vegatative state.. I can understand that his family loves him and dont want to cope with the loss of their child, but what benefit does he have? I can understand if he functioned, but who would want to live as a vegetable? It makes me a bit suspicious about their motives now.. Through all this, I feel sorry more for that guy, than his family or the Hogans.. It was a terrible preventable tragedy..This should be broadcasted everywhere, to teach the younger generation the dire consiquences of doing stupid crap like that.. Like those kids somewhere in that area, with the BMW on the airport landing strip.. I also think that many parents should watch those types of videos to teach them that maybe its time that little Jimmy doesnt get all those preformance parts for his civic until he learns responsible handling/driving of his vehicle

Old 05-11-2008, 07:36 AM

well a couple of things... we really dont know what the friend might have said to prevent this. for all we know he could have been yelling at nick to stop, but we may never know. also savannah, nick is a professional drifter, and that wasnt the first time he's driven that car, he can definitely handle it, just apparently not when he's drunk

Old 05-11-2008, 07:50 AM

I guess it was determained he was only going 70MPH but he hit a curb and spun the car around into a palm tree. 70MPH isnt that much faster than the speed limit on MOST FLA roads as the average is 60MPH limit

Old 05-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: cliff

Maybe he'll get raped in jail. The hole that justice left closed, needs to bleed.
Beautiful, brought a tear to my eye......

Old 05-12-2008, 09:28 AM

my first thought when i saw the passenger was 24 and nick was drunk was.... who bought the alcohol? could it be the 24 year old? I'm sure I'm playing devils advocate here but if the passenger made it out unscathed i would charge him with contributing to a minor. sucks that hes a veg. but he is responisble for that, not as much as Hogan but hes no innocent victim. I think the Hogans should take a big hit for this cuz Linda went on 60 minutes and said she discourages street racing, then the video of HER street racing a Lambo with her daughter in the passenger seat (hanging out the window no less) came to light. we need a hogan leg drop on that dumb bitch

Quick Reply: Nick Hogan sentenced