Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

No More Eclipse!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Default No More Eclipse!!!

OK...so the accident wasn't my fault...BUT I TOTALLED MY CAR!!!

i'm very VERY upset about it too, since well November was a ****TY month.

sooooo...i'm driving down I-295 (one of the highways here) and i'm just ya know minding my own business, ACTUALLY doing the speed limit which was 65...plus it was raining and it was dark out...when BOOM! i hit something. i had no idea what it was, though i soon found out that it was like a little old ford ranger. well what had happen is he must have hit the median which on that part of the highway it's a wall, and it must have turned his car sideways to where the driver side was facing on comming traffic, but the cap of the truck was in the shoulder and the bed of his truck was in the left lane...which is where i was driving. So when i hit it i just hit the back part of the bed, and it sent me across all four lanes into the other shoulder...LUCKILY i didn't hit anything else. but my air bags went off and all i did was shut my eyes and held on to the steering wheel, and thought that i was gonna die, cause like a dumb**** i wasn't wearing my seatbelt since i though, "well i'm only driving a few minutes". So now i know to wear it, though sometimes it's hard to remember since it's not a habit for me. anywho, i started ballin my eyes out cause i was in so much shock that i wasn't able to figure out how to get out of my car, since i was trying to open up my driver side door, (later i found out that when you have a accident the driver side door and window lock itself) THEN i didnt' know that the airbags give off dust and i thought it was smoke, so i hopped over and got out my passenger side and i fell to my knees cause they buckled since i didn't know what to do i was just really freaked. so once i kind of got my thoughts together i started to look for my cell phone and oddly enough my friend justin was calling at the exact time i was saw it and i picked it up and he asked if it was me that had the accident and asked if i was ok and he had called the cops. so i told him to turn around and come get me, and i sat in my car waiting for someone...in the rain and cold crying...THEN the NJDOT (guys that drive up and down the highways helping people out) showed up first and his name was dennis (lol we got to know each other) so i sat in dennis's truck and he went and looked at the damage and while he was doing that justin showed up and got in the truck with me and i told him what happened blah blah blah. Then dennis came back and told me that my driver side mirror was gone, the headlight was missing and the bumper had fallen off as well as the driver side door and been dented. So we sat in the truck for about 10mins since when that's when the cop had showed up, which is when justin left since he was only staying there till someone else came, i had called my dad to come get me so i had a ride home. and when the cop came i told him what had happened and he had to go on the other side of the highway to check on the other dude, where another NJDOT had showed up to help him out. Here it was some mexican (no offense to any mexicans) who couldn't speak any english, and dennis joked around saying that he probably didn't even have insurance. Though he did have insurance. The cop asked me if i needed an ambulance which i declined cause i felt fine i just had some bruising on my left arm. No biggie. i went and got some things that i needed from my car and my dad came eventually and got me. And my po' baby got towed away and from what i heard from the insurance company it's going to be a total loss and they'll just send me a check for the amount that the car is worth...so i'll be lucky if i get $2000 which sucks cause the car wasn't even paid off, so that money can't even go to a new car, but just to paying off a car i dont' even have anymore.

i went to the hospital later on that night cause my back was killing me, and everthing seemed alright but he gave me a pain killer and a muscle relaxer that's the only plus to ruining my car.

Soooo....yeah.

i hate life right now.
It sucks...BIG time...
and before i was only paying $1800
a year for insurance...and becuase
of that accident it's going to go
up at LEAST $500 more.
which i can't afford, with a $8.25
an hour job.

If you have something ****ed up
to say to this...don't. It's kind of the
last thing i need to hear.

Lates!
~amber~

Old 12-06-2006, 09:19 PM
Default RE: No More Eclipse!!!

sorry to hear bout that glad your ok atleast.

Do you have alot of tickets or something or is NJ high insurese cause good god that is higher than mine (granted im older but the car difference makes up for that)

Old 12-06-2006, 09:23 PM

um...i've never gotten any tickets. Though i'm considering joining the air force since, my b/f is in the army and he only has to pay $1000 a year for a brand new truck.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:38 PM

usaa insurance owns

Old 12-06-2006, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

usaa insurance owns
yup

FL insurence OWNZZZ I was paying $3700 a year for the EVO with a 100% clean record I move to Ma and now it is only $1500 a year and after feb. it will be down to $800 a year cant wait

Old 12-07-2006, 12:00 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident. military plus USAA is great insurance premiums!
Something to consider when purchasing a car that is financed is the optional "gap" insurance. This costs a couple hundred dollars, and gets bundled into the purchase price. In the event you wreck your vehicle, the insurance covers the difference between the value of the loan and the value of your vehicle.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry to hear about that. It does suck with insurance too, And believe me i know about bad insurance and accidents. I had my fair share. I pay about the same as you on insurance on my elantra and i am older so that says it right there.

Old 12-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about that. Glad to hear ur ok

Old 12-07-2006, 06:15 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

Sorry to hear about that. It does suck with insurance too, And believe me i know about bad insurance and accidents. I had my fair share. I pay about the same as you on insurance on my elantra and i am older so that says it right there.
you pay the same as me and you have a car that is 11 years old and new prob only costed like $8k tops. what are you like a step 21 or something lol

stop hitting stuff

Old 12-11-2006, 05:08 PM

yeah i have USAA and i only paid about 1600 a year for the eclipse on it...but i really didnt' pay it, my rents did. So i was lucky on that but i'm lookin into buying a tiburon it's such a chick car, and i'm in love with it. i would have to pay about $500 more a year for it though, which isn't too bad, and i would be buying a 2003. i dunno though, all i do know though is that i NEED a car badly. i was looking to doing my own insurance but it would cost ALOT more than just staying on my parents plan.

Quick Reply: No More Eclipse!!!