Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

OFFICIAL: PC Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Default OFFICIAL: PC Help Thread

I thought I'd start a thread where people can post their PC problems. Myself I have just spent the last day reloading my entire main PC (we have seven in the house). I recently bought a refurbished wireless Logitech keyboard. It came with no software so I went to the companies website and downloaded it. Sure it got all the special keys working but it came with a very nasty surprise virus. I've been a geek since I was 12 and this one just wouldn't go away no matter how many scans/boot scans etc. The only way to remove it was to delete windows files needed for proper operation.

If you have a PC issue want some advice post your questions and problems and we will all help as much as we do about your car problems.

Last edited by TheEngineer; 06-07-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Old 06-07-2009, 07:05 PM

Buy a Mac, problems solved lol. I wish I bought a macbook or even an iMac instead of my laptop vista machine that I have had to format twice already in less than a year. 'obtaining' music the way I was did not help me in any way

Old 06-07-2009, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

^^yea ill definetly be going with a mac for my next laptop. Even though they are twice the price, its worth it

Old 11-11-2010, 11:24 AM

not that i know of

Old 02-16-2011, 11:51 PM

My pc is getting infected by trojan every now and then..i have used kaspersky but no honey! and suggestions?

Old 06-30-2011, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by john tayler
My pc is getting infected by trojan every now and then..i have used kaspersky but no honey! and suggestions?
Switch to AVG, I run it on all my machines and my cell phone, its better than norton and its free

Old 06-18-2012, 09:26 PM

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 (I dont like the looks of newer version) for searching online same platform as Mac but this one is for free and I use Ubuntu to retrieve files from other hard drive. I still have windows reason being is I have programs that only run's in Windows. I never had a problem with virus what so ever with Ubuntu

Old 09-10-2012, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by john tayler
i suggest avira its free and very effective though, also use ccleaner.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:38 PM

Alienware M14x R2 or R3 coming out soon. You'll get wayyyy more bang for tha buck than a Mac. Use AVG, or Avast, randomizing ISP and DNS. There's websites where you they can test to see how secure your pc is. Mine was came back as practically invisible after all the walls, blocks, and **** I've tweaked on it.

Be CAREFUL what you're downloading though! Don't run .exe files from unknown publishers or torrents, and scan every single file you download regardless.

Do this, and you'll have a CHEAPER, higher performing computer than you could ever dream of getting from APPLE.

Plus, Mac's are for dumb people... lol like my programming teacher always said...

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL: PC Help Thread