Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Paint and stuff

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Default Paint and stuff

I got a new job a while ago that mght be able to give enough for me to give the rs a brand new paint job, and since its my dd i want something decent and really good looking, was thinking of orange and adding a bit of gunmetal grey to the rims i already own, no body kits, no decals nothing, just plain orange, on a clean body with those rims...
But im still skeptical about it, not to mention curious as to other conmbinations out there, so, if you had the money to paint (or retouch) your car guys right now, at the moment, what would you do to it guys?

Old 07-14-2007, 11:24 PM
Default RE: Paint and stuff

Corvette Daytona Orange is a sexy color.
Its a really burnt orange.

But... I saw a really riced out Eclipse today that was orange.

Gunmetals a nice color. lol

Old 07-15-2007, 12:05 AM

I like hugger orange... think old school camaros...

Old 07-15-2007, 03:03 PM

Haha, orange is my fav color so, i think i would go with that one, i really dont wanna look that ricey, but i kinda want a pearl metallic one, perhaphs the 4g sunset orange? or an own custom orange metallic... i even though about the talon look...
A lil bit out of topic, if i use some JB wield can i cure some scratches and bumps on the rims?

Old 07-15-2007, 03:41 PM

what about lamborghini orange? like the supra on f & f?

Old 07-15-2007, 04:10 PM

That actually is a gorgeous color, but if i pick that one obviously id have to be non metalic nor pearl right? it looks REALLY good now that i think so, i think i might be ending using that one out

Old 07-15-2007, 06:51 PM

That colos scheme you had is pretty good! I'd go for it

Old 07-15-2007, 07:39 PM

nah im pretty sure that lamborghini's are filled with pearl... there was a gallardo that showed up at one of our car shows and it was yellow, when i got up to it the pearl looked amazing... go for it man! haha

Old 07-15-2007, 07:57 PM

Thnx for the feedback guys!, Yeah its time to save up the money and think ill go for that, i just look for a color thats not really that common, being it ORANGE of course, i love that, something that totally fits the stock body and gunmetal motegi mr-7's... i dont remember clearly, but someone in this forum also said once, dark purple or blue, with metallic sparkles, which sounds like a good option as well.. but.... yeah orange ftw haha

Old 07-16-2007, 07:45 AM

orange is a good color if you can find a good color... i saw an EVO at HIN in charlotte this weekend that was a dark burnt orange (if you are familiar w/ bikes, it's th color of the new GSXR 1000's orange) w/ a cf hood, trunk and black roof which is EXACTLY the same paintjob i'm going on my soon to be GSX. it's gonna look amazing when i' done w/ t.

Quick Reply: Paint and stuff