Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

PLEASE HELP (computer)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Default PLEASE HELP (computer)

ok, my moniter is pissin me off.. i have 2, one is an old envision, the other is a new LCD 17" moniter... neither of them are workin right.. the LCD when i use it, gives me nothing but a really bright grey screen.. the envision cuts out all the time, and then the green power light on it goes orange, but it sometimes comes back on if i smack it.. but not every time, sometimes it just really pisses me off and i punch the screen or throw a pencil at it.. i just swiped my hard drive and everything due to a virus, i was hopin the moniter would work now, but it is still bein ****tarded.. please help if yall know anyway to fix this

Old 03-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Default RE: PLEASE HELP (computer)

mhh not a way to fix it, but sounds like the problem is on the monitor itself, not on the pc

Old 03-26-2008, 09:39 PM

so in other words, i have a old crappy moniter AND a new crappy moniter?

Old 03-27-2008, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

No. Sounds like a video card problem. First thing I'd do is take the LCD to another computer or laptop and hook it up to test and ensure it's not the problem. Assuming the monitor is good, next thing is to look at the video card on the PC you're having trouble with. If it's an onboard video card (Meaning it's part of the motherboard. You can tell by the socket you plug the monitor in to. Is it with the group of plugs by where you plug the keyboard in? Then it's onboard. If it's down towards the bottom by itself then it's a video card) pull the battery for the CMOS with the machine unplugged that will hopefully reset your CMOS completely and wipe any type of virus that might have infected there. If you have a seperate video card, try replacing it and see if that fixes the problem.

If None of those fix your problem you may very well have a motherboard that's about had it.Hopefully one of these will fix your problem though.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:15 AM

ok ill try that later, and i already know the video card is onboard, built into mother board

thanks man, i hope that works

Old 03-27-2008, 08:54 PM

ok well i brought the monitor to a buddies house, it is shot... i still got nothing but a bright grey screen on his computer.. sucks, i guess ill just keep beating on this one

Old 03-27-2008, 09:24 PM

usually when the video card is dead you get a beeping on your mobo if its a good branded one, plus orange on a power led means "you are screw buddy"

Old 03-27-2008, 09:51 PM

lol well, im just a wee bit pissed, this thing is gettin worse i almost have no monitor, look it just now shut ff as my typing, sorry if there are typose, the orang light is on **punches screen)

Old 03-27-2008, 09:57 PM

HAHAHA that got me crackin' up! haha

Old 03-28-2008, 02:24 PM

funny thing is, it has came on a couple times after i punch it lmao.. but its kinda painfull

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP (computer)