Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

poor rx7 (what a retard in the lincoln)

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Default RE: poor rx7 (what a retard in the lincoln)

well think about it, his rx7 to him is like ur supra to you, sure it's replacable, but so was my rs, and if someone smashed into it i woulda flipped out cause i worked so hard on it... your car is ur car, whether its a junker or a show car it's still just as important to you... plus now when he tries to resell it it's going to have a salvage title on it so it wont sell for as much... the money value really has nothing to do with how upset he got, the lincoln should have been paying attention, and his reckless driving ruined the day for the guy in the rx7. no excuse, i would have gotten equally as pissed, all of us would

Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 PM

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

well think about it, his rx7 to him is like ur supra to you, sure it's replacable, but so was my rs, and if someone smashed into it i woulda flipped out cause i worked so hard on it... your car is ur car, whether its a junker or a show car it's still just as important to you... plus now when he tries to resell it it's going to have a salvage title on it so it wont sell for as much... the money value really has nothing to do with how upset he got, the lincoln should have been paying attention, and his reckless driving ruined the day for the guy in the rx7. no excuse, i would have gotten equally as pissed, all of us would
Thank you.. THAT is what i was getting at..

Old 05-15-2008, 11:47 PM

Yea, I reacted about that way when my ex wrecked my Talon...

Old 05-16-2008, 12:18 AM

I just think he could have handled himself better.. The mods and stuff, if still salvagable, can be put on a new vehicle.. I have great insurance on my vehicles... Even if someone wrecks my car, my insurance company will pay me the difference between the price the other persons insurance gives me and the true value... then my insurance company will go after the other person's insurance for the difference.. I love my Supra, but its not my life.. I'm not going to act like a fool, or get in trouble because someone hit my car..

Old 05-16-2008, 02:46 AM

the guy said "do you have any idea what you just wrecked?" that is the line that pisses me off. Yea a POS stock FD its not that unbelievable. it isnt a $80k z06 or a viper or ferarri or something it is a stock FD worth about $11k unless it has like 12k miles which if that was the case he would have not gone out to a honda meet

Old 05-16-2008, 03:01 AM

ORIGINAL: savannahashlee

I just think he could have handled himself better.. The mods and stuff, if still salvagable, can be put on a new vehicle.. I have great insurance on my vehicles... Even if someone wrecks my car, my insurance company will pay me the difference between the price the other persons insurance gives me and the true value... then my insurance company will go after the other person's insurance for the difference.. I love my Supra, but its not my life.. I'm not going to act like a fool, or get in trouble because someone hit my car..
it was stock. atleast the exhaust was and had no FMIC so I assume its stock. because who does other stuff before exhaust anyway The guy just acted like complete white trash that is all I could think. You know something too he is going to be at fault to a small % when the insurance figures it out you kno why, because he hit the back of another car as well he was stopped to close. ASk TheEngineer how that works he got 20% at fault for going threw a green light and getting hit by a red light runner. you know why because he didnt look to make sure it was ok an clear to go (on a green light)

Old 05-16-2008, 06:07 AM

11k is still a lot of money, maybe not to you because you can afford a supra, but still a decent amount of money. if i paid that much for a car and a guy hit me i'd get pissed. you also realize that he was going the opposite direction of all the hondas, so he was probably just in passing. and your car is always your car, no matter what it is, it's your "baby". so if someone rear ends you because they couldnt keep their eyes off the passing hondas then i'd be freaking pissed.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:10 AM

and good luck finding another 1992-1995 rx7 there is only a few around were i live and one has a LS1 motor in it so there are not that many left. they only sold 14,000 in the US+people over time have wrecked many= not many that are not heavey moded

Old 05-16-2008, 03:40 PM

i'd get pissed off if anything of mine got wrecked, i wrecked my kia spectra (yeah i know) and i was royally pissed, but it also ****ed my hand up so. when i get my old 300zx running i'm gonna be pissed if someone wrecks it. it's because i work hard for my money and i put money into something no matter how much, it's my pride. i could afford a supra really, even witha wife and kid, but i don't wanna run into the possiblity of one day making a 30k paperweight lol.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:30 PM

oh well not mine..

Quick Reply: poor rx7 (what a retard in the lincoln)