Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ready for the Paint Shop

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Ready for the Paint Shop

ORIGINAL: F.O.G.

I was just down at the body shop, there are starting to sand her. I can try and get some pics as the job progresses if you wish.
awww....yea that would be awesome. If you want i think i forgot my camera in the passenger seat as well. So if you want to take some pics with that too, that would be great. Thanks. I always love progress pics

Old 04-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

Damn, the paint looked mint in your avatar... is the white one also yours? lol, they look like little ferraris in the garage!
haha, i know. I like to refer to them as the poor man's ferrari. No its not mine. Its the person who owns the garage's brother. He just got it last week. So that'll add to the NESpeed turbo group

Old 04-10-2007, 01:04 PM

dude, i can't wait to see pics of it. would it be wrong to post progress pics of my Del sol? lol

Old 04-10-2007, 01:07 PM

Oh no... were losing Ron to the Hondas... lol... 'Ron'das.

Old 04-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

I can give you alittle teaser of what it should pretty much look like, minus the stock wing and my gold rims too
Name:  MR2-2.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  58.3 KB
but im using the same lip and skirts

Old 04-10-2007, 01:31 PM

I like the wing that ones got... though your rims would really offset it a lot better. Thatll be seck-C

Old 04-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dusty Eclipse

I like the wing that ones got... though your rims would really offset it a lot better. Thatll be seck-C
well the one that is on that is the stock wing. i am gonna be putting an aftermarket wing on

Old 04-10-2007, 02:00 PM

dude, i like that wing a lot! what kind of wing are you looking at? i think the stock one is sleek and clean looking! which kind of rims are you going for? the 5 spokes in the photoshop pic or those gold BBS looking ones in ur avitar?

Old 04-10-2007, 02:12 PM

Dude its going to be sick. I have one question? Whats with Toyota paint my MR2 was that same color and it faded to pink just like that I use to put color coat wax every 2 wks to make it stay red lol. Can't wait to see pics when U get done. Post the progress pics please.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: NubianSithLord

Dude its going to be sick. I have one question? Whats with Toyota paint my MR2 was that same color and it faded to pink just like that I use to put color coat wax every 2 wks to make it stay red lol. Can't wait to see pics when U get done. Post the progress pics please.
Its because toyota didnt use a clear coat. So over time it would fade really bad and is especially known for it on the red.

And rcj here is the wing i got
http://www.body-tune.net/toyota/91mr2/whale%20tail.jpg
it looks something like this. This one is a replica though, not authentic like the one i have.

and the rims in my avitar are mine. They are Volk GT-N's. Thats what ill have on it

Quick Reply: Ready for the Paint Shop