Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Reckless..

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 04:09 AM
Default Reckless..

So not even after an hour after I bought my Eclipse, I got pulled for going 98 in a 65. I tried to play dumb and say "I just bought it and i'm not used to it yet" and the officer replies "That's what a speedometer is for" - So he wrote me for Reckelss Driving (go figure) and if I prepay it it's an automatic license suspension so I decided to go to court and try to work it off. I went to a driving correction class hoping that it might help.
The friend who took me up there got pulled at 103 in a 65 by the same cop minutes after me, and we have court the same day. He took on a lawyer though because he just has his learners and not his license yet. The **** we're in haha, wish us luck please and any advice to help would be greatly appreciated. This is my second ticket and second reckless driving, but I had my first one dropped and off my record with 25 hours of community service, but not so sure on my luck this time.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Reckless..

You want my advice....STOP SPEEDING. If this is your second offense then sorry to say, but you deserve it.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:48 AM

You're right.. I did deserve it since I had it coming to me. Just don't know why it's so hard to stop.[>:]

Old 05-02-2008, 06:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Nakura17

You're right.. I did deserve it since I had it coming to me. Just don't know why it's so hard to stop.[>:]
my guess would be that you get all them cylinders(4) under your foot and you cant help but to make everyone else with an eclipse look bad..
if you honestly feel the "need" to go past the speed limit, go to the track where its monitored and safe for you and everyone else around, speeding like that on the streets is just plain retarded....

Old 05-02-2008, 06:34 AM

I don't speed 24/7, I was in a rush that day and my luck just ran short. Guess I had that invincible feeling since I just got back from Basic/AIT - Haha, that feeling didn't last long though. But honestly though, that time in life where someone does that stupidest thing in their life? That was probably my moment right there..but it's in the past now and nothing I can do to change it except just grab my cohones' and face it.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:45 AM

what eclipse did you buy?

Old 05-02-2008, 07:01 AM

A 1998 Eclipse RS - the 2.0L non-turbo [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-02-2008, 07:43 AM

Sorry buddy, I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. My advice would be stop speeding! Before you hurt yourself or someone else, and tell your friend the same stuff! Now I speed, don't get me wrong, but why go more than 30 over?? and then try to fight it? Good luck with it! Maybe you'll get lucky and just get some points knocked off rather than suspension... that'd SUCK!

Old 05-02-2008, 07:48 AM

Yea it was stupid, 30 over was a retard idea.. - I took the correction class for the extra 5 points on my record to help against the -6 from the Reckless Driving, just hope things go in my favor..

Old 05-02-2008, 08:18 AM

I didnt know the rs could go that fast j/k. I hope everything works out for you, but please slow down. I cant say **** though because i was going around 90 to work today myself, but the roads were empty and i was trying to tune my car lol.