Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Replacing ETACS module

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2022, 07:09 PM
Default Replacing ETACS module

Hey guys, not too long my 2020 Triton was involved in a flooding accident, with insurance not covering it, I was able to salvage the vehicle. Everything was running fine, accept for the ETACS module which was damaged. So I was able to to find another ETACS module, however after changing it we ended up finding out the ETACS replacement module was out of a 2wd Triton. And now when trying to change the shift in 4wd it doesn't register. Is there anyway of rewriting the 4wd code into the 2wd ETACS module.??

Old 09-09-2022, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Markjc
Hey guys, not too long my 2020 Triton was involved in a flooding accident, with insurance not covering it, I was able to salvage the vehicle. Everything was running fine, accept for the ETACS module which was damaged. So I was able to to find another ETACS module, however after changing it we ended up finding out the ETACS replacement module was out of a 2wd Triton. And now when trying to change the shift in 4wd it doesn't register. Is there anyway of rewriting the 4wd code into the 2wd ETACS module.??
Have you checked a dealer to see if they are compatible?