Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

ricers

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 10:03 PM
Default RE: ricers

ORIGINAL: davidmitsusrock

ORIGINAL: ba3kgt

persaonally i like the neon and the chrome rims and the wings (but not too big)
but whoever thinks that stickers add hp needs to be shot. i woudn't want to race everyone i see. so does this make me a ricer?
i like my cars stock on the exterior...sleeper all the way!
Same same.... I even was tempted to remove my EVOs wing because I think it is a little childish looking at times and it is a pre factory ricer mod

Old 11-12-2006, 10:13 PM

Well his name is dan, he lives in Springfield, MO, and runs a shop, I can't think what it's called right now but I'll get to it. Believe me, he's got a fortune into that car, not a bunch of cheap mods. And I'm not trying to start a fight with anyone just so u kno, I was just mentioning that there's a lot of honda hostility on the board is all. lol. I'll get ur video as soon as possible, it's the next time I get down there. I'll have to do a vhs to digital thingy on the only video I know he has of it in competition, unless he's got another that I don't know about that's already on dvd or a computer or something. But it's not his only car, believe me. The guy's one of those crazy guys who have too much money and lots of cars. But yeah, be watching for the video, I'll post it as soon as possible. And don't worry guys, I outrun my friend steve's civic on a daily basis in my eclipse, lol. Oh, and this gay *** accord in town with a fart tip, lmfao.

But anyway, if we're talking about ricers, I'll try to get some pictures, but I'll describe them here first.

A blue GS 98 eclipse with silver flames and one huge *** spoiler. Oh, and rims, can't forget the rims.

A blue neon with carbon fiber hood and carbon fiber hood. Once again, definatelly can't forget the ricer spoiler.

Another neon with decals, stickers, etc. etc... oh, and a spoiler.

the list goes on and on. But there's gotta be at least 20 fully riced out cars in the town of 10,000 people I live in here. Bolivar Missouri. if ur ever in the area come see us. You'll have fun laughing at these cars here. By the way, there's also a car I'm not gonna tell u about, that ur gonna have to see and try to figure out what it is when i show u picks.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:22 PM

ORIGINAL: mcveyla

Well his name is dan, he lives in Springfield, MO, and runs a shop, I can't think what it's called right now but I'll get to it. Believe me, he's got a fortune into that car, not a bunch of cheap mods. And I'm not trying to start a fight with anyone just so u kno, I was just mentioning that there's a lot of honda hostility on the board is all. lol. I'll get ur video as soon as possible, it's the next time I get down there. I'll have to do a vhs to digital thingy on the only video I know he has of it in competition, unless he's got another that I don't know about that's already on dvd or a computer or something. But it's not his only car, believe me. The guy's one of those crazy guys who have too much money and lots of cars. But yeah, be watching for the video, I'll post it as soon as possible. And don't worry guys, I outrun my friend steve's civic on a daily basis in my eclipse, lol. Oh, and this gay *** accord in town with a fart tip, lmfao.

But anyway, if we're talking about ricers, I'll try to get some pictures, but I'll describe them here first.

A blue GS 98 eclipse with silver flames and one huge *** spoiler. Oh, and rims, can't forget the rims.

A blue neon with carbon fiber hood and carbon fiber hood. Once again, definatelly can't forget the ricer spoiler.

Another neon with decals, stickers, etc. etc... oh, and a spoiler.

the list goes on and on. But there's gotta be at least 20 fully riced out cars in the town of 10,000 people I live in here. Bolivar Missouri. if ur ever in the area come see us. You'll have fun laughing at these cars here. By the way, there's also a car I'm not gonna tell u about, that ur gonna have to see and try to figure out what it is when i show u picks.
Wanting this video..... Im sure the guy would have tons of cars... anyone who as a car that runs sub 10s usually has multiple cars that are always being worked on.... and I know if he is running anything better than a 13 sec 1\4 he prob has more than just some cheap mods on it

Old 11-12-2006, 10:27 PM

so if i put a decent wing some stickers and rims and a body kit and a new hood with no performance mods on my car would i be considered a ricer?

Old 11-12-2006, 10:32 PM

so if i put a decent wing some stickers and rims and a body kit and a new hood with no performance mods on my car would i be considered a ricer?
oh ya... lol no offence though

Old 11-12-2006, 10:32 PM

Then again I call myself a ricer all the time and the only non performance mod I have is tint and the UK trunk badge.

Old 11-12-2006, 10:51 PM

srpingfield mo? by golly im from MO! i think i have heard of this car...not sure bout the 9's but isnt is a full drag car?

Old 11-12-2006, 10:56 PM

you would be a ricer in the most basic sense of the word.....ya, we'd have to get one of the mods to tag you with "Resident Rice King" under your screen name.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:43 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmitsusrock

persaonally i like the neon and the chrome rims and the wings (but not too big)
but whoever thinks that stickers add hp needs to be shot. i woudn't want to race everyone i see. so does this make me a ricer?
i like my cars stock on the exterior...sleeper all the way!
I follow the "walk softly while carrying a big stick" saying.

Anyway, rice, IMO, is when a car is made to look fast, whether it be a wing, stickers (of supposed sponsors), or even the attitude, but in reality it's even slower because the motor is still stock and has a ton of extra and heavy gear.
Then there's the all show and no go cars that are just gorgeous, but you know that it will never be put on a 1/4, it's for car shows and events...eye candy. I don't think these cars are ricey at all because they are for one thing and that is for show, but the ricers spawned from this type of glam.
Drifting (on the street that is)....pffft, what a crock of crap. This is the next stage in rice. Not only do they have speed but they are actually sponsored...the kids on the street trying to mimic these cars is going to get someone killed. I only say that because in an AWD, your goal is to stick to the pavement and go around corners faster without losing traction...I just don't get it.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:58 AM

yano, I don't see reason for all of the hostility towards hondas on this site. No offense to any of you, but my buddy's got a honda that runs low 9's and high 8's. How is that a pos exactly
This must be 1/8th mile times.

Quick Reply: ricers