Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

ricers

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 02:21 AM
Default RE: ricers

^^enough said^^ ricers are frowned on because they spend all of there money trying to make there car look fast when most of there mods actually slow the car down. and then they are upset because they dont have enough money to make there car fast

Old 11-14-2006, 03:47 PM

RICER -
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ricer

Old 11-16-2006, 10:42 PM

So it's bad that mine is on it's way to being a "show" car???? It looks a little different now than in my pic on here cuz I did things to it over the summer...I'll have my new pics up sometime shortly...I've got a lot of ching into invested into it (about $20,000) and I showed it a couple of times this summer...I do have a few engine/performance mods but I mostly started the exterior then moved to the interior and am almost finished there then the next step is doing more to the engine...I went for what the ladies notice first LOL..J/K... I never race it and am one who believes in "saving the equipment" because I know how expensive everything is and know the meaning of "value"..I don't go around saying "my GS-T will smoke this or it will beat that." And I really don't give a **** who comes up and says anything about my ride because I'm modding it the way that I like it...Just don't walk up on me talkin' **** if you're driving a Neon, Cavalier, or Civic that will never touch the Eclipse...Ya know??!

Old 11-17-2006, 02:07 AM

ORIGINAL: shreff99

So it's bad that mine is on it's way to being a "show" car???? It looks a little different now than in my pic on here cuz I did things to it over the summer...I'll have my new pics up sometime shortly...I've got a lot of ching into invested into it (about $20,000) and I showed it a couple of times this summer...I do have a few engine/performance mods but I mostly started the exterior then moved to the interior and am almost finished there then the next step is doing more to the engine...I went for what the ladies notice first LOL..J/K... I never race it and am one who believes in "saving the equipment" because I know how expensive everything is and know the meaning of "value"..I don't go around saying "my GS-T will smoke this or it will beat that." And I really don't give a **** who comes up and says anything about my ride because I'm modding it the way that I like it...Just don't walk up on me talkin' **** if you're driving a Neon, Cavalier, or Civic that will never touch the Eclipse...Ya know??!
Im right there with ya man...(99 3k SL) Im not fast, i have 18" chrome rims, an accent lip (looks hot on the 99s i dont care what anyone says), and a gold series streetglow neon undercar kit. I do not plan on doing anything to the engine becuase it really doesnt add any value to the car (which will eventually be sold....and it makes for a much better sell if the buyer doesnt look under the hood at a bunch of performance parts and assume that the car was hotrodded by a teenager). And unless i really just wanted to race a bunch of rednecks in Dodge Rams and stock mustangs, I dont really feel the need to slash my MPG in half with NA mods. Ive never really ever considered myself a ricer, my car is as clean as hell, and sexy to boot lol

However I do plan to buy a much faster car once I graduate college and leave it stock....but as for as right now, Im just a cruiser.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:00 PM

And every dollar into my ride has been my own...No help from mommy and daddy, no sponsors, none of that...Since the pic on here I have added an urethane Aggressor front clip with fangs (not sure with what type of skirts or rear bumper cover to go with yet cuz the rest of the kit looks stock anyway), GReddy turbo timer, new oil lines (not cheap), 18 inch wheels, Nitto NeoGen tires, new Pioneer head unit to go with the rest of the stereo, painted interior, new black carpet, Apexi N1 full turbo-back 3 inch exhaust, upgraded my old intake to an Injen air intake system.

So this spring and summer I'm going to add my ProPower 210 amp alternator, VIS carbon fiber G-Speed hood, finish off the interior with custom head liner and door panels, put at least a 20 inch TV with DVD player in a custom enclosure where the back seat used to be, maybe finish off the body kit, possibly a few more engine mods, and if I have enough cash left over without dipping into my vacation account LOL I'm going to look into getting it painted black with some silver flake added...But after I finish the exterior and interior it will be all motor after that although I have been slowly adding those mods...But it's tough modding yourself without any other financial support from anyone...So screw anyone who looks at my ride and automatically starts thinking ricer..I do think I'm on the right track on modding with doing a little to the exterior, a little to the interior, and a little to the engine at a time.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:23 AM

i didnt read those big long posts..but i think this car would be a ricer...

http://image02.webshots.com/2/2/25/3...8NZJylP_ph.jpg

no?

Old 11-18-2006, 01:33 AM

image forbidde? it not work...

Old 11-18-2006, 02:51 AM

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/..._s0ul/ugly.jpg

THAT SHOULD WORK THEn

bah hate caps lock..

Old 11-18-2006, 03:26 AM

holy ****...that used to be a supra[:@] now its a poopra...poor car

Old 11-18-2006, 01:34 PM

speakin of ricers i just watched tokyo drift......personally i think it was kinda gay, cars were pretty cool, bow wow and that red neck dude just didnt fit in over there

Quick Reply: ricers