Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Selling the Mirage

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Default Selling the Mirage

Sad but true, winters here in Ohio just aren't fun when your cars frame sits 3" from the ground. I'm selling it to a guy that used to work for me in my shop, so I know it's going to a good home. Tomorrow I'm picking up a 2000 Dodge Dakota SLT extended cab with 63k on it, all factory serviced with papers, interior is mint and the exterior has only a few minor scrapes, much better condition than you'd expect for a truck that's nearly a decade old. Bluebook is $5700, since I'm related to the seller I'm getting it for $4800 with $1000 down and $100 a month.

Not much planned performance wise, figured I'd leave it stock for the most part. Maybe a different exhaust and cold air intake, but that's about it. I've got the audio all planned out already though (if you can't tell from the sig, I'm a bit of a audiophile).

Plans thus far include:
-Infinity Kappa 6.5" Components in the front doors
-Infinity Kappa 6.5" Coaxials in the rear side pannels
-Pioneer F900BT in-dash navigation/DVD (Modify dash bezel to accept a double din over factory 1.5 din)
-Rockford Fosgate P400.4 4ch amplifier
-Rockford Fosgate P500.2 2 channel amplifier
-Custom box under rear jump seat (removing factory tool tray and building out of 3/4" MDF & Fiberglass)
-2 10" Subwoofers - Still up in the air on these, I'd like to go Infinity Kappas or KappaPerfects, but I doubt they'll fit, so what really makes up my mind will be the measurments and free airspace inside the enclosure
-Rockford Fosgate 1 Farad Digital Cap
-Viper 5701 Remote Start/Keyless Entry/Vehicle Security

I'll most likely start purchasing the equipment, take a few days off work when I've got it all, and just do one massive install. The hardest part will be fitting the head unit, as space is rather limited because of the vents and HVAC, other than that, it's a large but pretty straight forward build. I'll post pics when I get the truck tomorrow night and install pics as parts find their way in.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Default RE: Selling the Mirage

pretty bad ***, good luck with your new truck, sry abt the mirage

Old 01-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Default RE: Selling the Mirage

i'll still be around the Mitsu community, I have no life so this and mirageforums are kinda stuck with me