Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Sexiest part of vista!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:02 AM
Default Sexiest part of vista!

Name:  Vista.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  50.8 KB

Arial view of the windows...sexy

oh and dont really know how active i'll be :-p but i am still alive

Old 02-28-2007, 03:04 AM
Banned
Default RE: Sexiest part of vista!

Im willing to bet there will be a SHYYT load of bug fix's for this OS.

Every time MS has tried to start a new revolution to their OS it has turned out to be a POS. All remember the ME-Millenium Edition? What a f-ing joke.

Once this has been out fora year i will consider updating.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:18 AM

i just needed a new laptop for school and this one was on sale $200 off :-p and so far i haven't had any problems

Old 02-28-2007, 07:13 AM

That is pretty cool.
I stopped worrying about bugs a long time ago, they happen and they happen to everything new. I'm with you on this one, Sebba. I would wait a year for MS or for them to come out with there best patch. Chances are, they released this version earlier than the programmers wanted....something that BG likes to do I guess....it will take them a good year to find most of the bugs and loopholes anyway.

You know, the worst part for MS is that there isn't another OS out there to judge it to other than Apple or Linux. Linux is fairly new to the public and Apple isn't as "universal" to many programs out there as MS is, plus, are there even a way to upgrade an Apple computer? Things like video, CPU, etc...?
I've hardly seen gamers talk about how well their game runs on their Apple computer, lol. Linux just isn't a plug and play program as the mainstream would like it to be...like me
I think that's why MS OSes always get slammed anyway....

Sorry guys, I'm bored, lol.

Old 02-28-2007, 08:31 AM

memory HOG.

Vista minimum requirments are otragous. need 1gig of ram and at least 40 gig of HD space

Old 02-28-2007, 10:27 AM

Silver - In the past, upgrading Mac/Apple computers was indeed a pain, as they were built exclusively in house and almost all the parts were modified for Apple's use. Since the release of the PCI-Express format and Apple using Intel chipsets, its gotten very easy to upgrade an Apple computer. As for software, Apple's are still a joke when it comes to playing games or running about half the software out there.

When you deal with software you have two choices, you can limit what will run and guarantee better security (Apple) or you can allow a ton of 3rd party software and be prepared to deal with security issues (Windows). The reality is, the main reason that Windows is the #1 OS in the world is simply because of the ease of use and the ability to buy cheap computers.

Also, as far as operating systems.....Apple doesnt really allow much in the way of 3rd party software....and most of what they have allowed....was to enable them to use Windows based software. Linux while great, is still nowhere near capable of ever threatening Windows as an OS replacement. Why? Because it relies on open source, which is more of a forum style of support. Plus, with the way Apple has been moving as of late....I wouldnt be surprised if Apple/Windows became interchangable in the near future. As for gaming, Apple's are a joke. They have the hardware, but they still dont support DirectX or Open GL to the degree that they need to.

Emonz57 - Vista isnt nearly as horrible as you think, the biggest problem is the Aero setup. It really does require a good video card, and that's why it seems such a resource hog. The days of onboard video for Vista simply wont get it done, least not in a desktop computer. Eliminate the video card issue or shut off the Aero features and you'd be surprised at how much faster Vista becomes, at least from my experience.

Windows Millenium wasnt a bad idea. Windows XP is a direct result of Windows ME, as they took Windows 2000 and ME and voila, Windows XP. The problem with Millenium is that it was released too fast and it was to be honest, more of a Windows 98 update then a true OS replacement. I ran Millenium for about a year with very few issues, mostly Open GL crashing after certain games. I do agree that it was a PITA, but the last 2 Microsoft releases have done quite well.

As for moving to Vista, I always follow the rule of waiting for the first Service Pack before upgrading. I've had Vista since it was in Beta, as we did some Beta testing, but I wont switch to it for my daily use machine until I know the first round of possible issues is eliminated.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:40 AM

um... i'm using window's xp... how far behind am I?? lol

Old 02-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Banned

Your not : )

Old 02-28-2007, 11:48 AM

good lol i don't know what the hell a vista even is!

Old 02-28-2007, 12:13 PM

Sebba, I see you updated your sig from the animated flames....that was a cool sig...altho editing out your other forum name from it was a royal PITA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Sexiest part of vista!