Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Should I trade my motor for this audio?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Default Should I trade my motor for this audio?

I have a race motorsitting around and some guy wants to trade me a bunch of his audio stuff for it. I was selling it really cheep trying to get in the lower $1000s. Is all this stuff that he wants to trade me really over $1000 worth and is it really as good as he says?

Heres what he said to me.

"am still interested in the engine and everything if your still interested in the audio stuff. I bought everything new and when set up right it sounds amazing as it should because its all big dollar audio stuff. The sub is a dual voice coil, each voice coil is 2 ohm so it can run single ohm stable and the amp I have can also run on 1 ohm. I used this setup in my mustang because it was nice sounding, loud, clean, and ALOT lighter then running 2 weaker subs. I can get pictures of all this stuff tomorrow. The head unit retails for well over 800 and can do anything you need it to, very versitile. If your serious about making the trade work let me know. Can you send me those pics of the engine and everything that comes with it since its not on atv riders any more and i wanted to look at it. Thanks."

Should I trade him?

Old 08-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Default RE: Should I trade my motor for this audio?

Find out wat brands first..... And Test It Out Before You Make The Trade

Old 08-26-2007, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

i would never trade speed for sound. But thats just me

Old 08-26-2007, 08:32 PM

what kind of race motor?

Old 08-26-2007, 10:33 PM

I wouldnt either... But if you just got an extra one layn around....

Old 08-27-2007, 02:08 AM

Depends on the motor, and the components. But Id usually agree with Jon. Brands first man.... and DVC or not, if I hear somethng like "Jensen" or "Lanzar" or any bull**** like that... ur better off with the motor... unless its a Ford motor.... then trade it for a pair of headphones,

Old 08-27-2007, 03:37 AM

I really doubt what hes got is worth what you want for the engine. He may have paid that much for it but its probably not even worth what he paid.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:32 AM

ORIGINAL: iamabadperson777
I really doubt what hes got is worth what you want for the engine. He may have paid that much for it but its probably not even worth what he paid.
i wouln't go this far, JL audio, Kicker, Alpine and a couple other brands with what he described could well be worth more than 1000 in parts.... you need to find out brands and model numbers

Old 08-27-2007, 11:37 AM

Yes but most of JL, Kicker, and Alpine are garbage unless you get the real high end stuff. I mean you can spend probably half of what you spend on their good stuff and get better quality in any aspect if you wanted.

Old 08-27-2007, 12:00 PM

^^^^^^..WRONG on that one man. With JL anyways. You can go low end and buy JLw1V2's, less tan 100 bucks a piece,and be beating plus have an amazing sound quality. Along with buying TMA amps. JL's sister company that they bought out. Have ta same internals as JL amps at half the price. Also the BOX makes the system.

Quick Reply: Should I trade my motor for this audio?