Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

so guess who just got in his first wreck

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Default so guess who just got in his first wreck

ya, its true.. i rearended someone goin about 15-20, a cargo van to be exact. somehow, my car wasnt damaged at all! well except for the liscence plate bracket. same cant be said for the van, i somehow managed to push his rear bumper in about 2 inches. wtf, how does my plastic bumper not even get damaged but i **** up the bumper on a ****in cargo van?!? i know it sounds like im bitchin, but im not, just confused, but good thing nothins wrong with my car since i got minimum coverage on it.. o well, only cost is the ticket for "failure to maintain proper distance" bitch ****! not sure what thats gonna cost yet. well im done ranting. [:@]

Old 01-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: so guess who just got in his first wreck

its not the ticket thats gonna cost you. You just got a citation so automatically thats hurting your insurance. Thats where its gonna kill ya. Cuz your insurance company has to pay for their damages.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:18 PM

ya i know, but the insurance is like paying off a loan, you pay it off monthly. the tickets gotta be all payed off at once, and thats whats gonna hurt me right now. i just got a raise tho so hopefully that will help out a little

Old 01-31-2007, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

he basically gave you the minimum for the ticket if thats all you got, when i got that here is was only $25. But the insurance in the long run hurts worse. Trust me. One accident will hurt your insurance for about 4 years

Old 01-31-2007, 06:27 PM

no, the part of the insurance that hurts you is the points.... vehicle wrecks always raise your isurance even if it's not your fault... in my first wreck when i was 17 my prelude got rearended by an f150 and pushed into a dodge ram... my car got completely totaled and my issurance went up b/c i was "prone to accidents" whatever the hell that means.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:30 PM

i know what you mean john, and rcjr, you probably got those points because you didnt have a "proper" amount of distance between you and the dodge. that happened to my friend and her insurance went up because of that

Old 01-31-2007, 06:56 PM

well thats a bitch.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

no, the part of the insurance that hurts you is the points.... vehicle wrecks always raise your isurance even if it's not your fault... in my first wreck when i was 17 my prelude got rearended by an f150 and pushed into a dodge ram... my car got completely totaled and my issurance went up b/c i was "prone to accidents" whatever the hell that means.
OK.....you get points only for accidents that are your fault and if its not your fault it DOES NOT hurt your insurance. If you hit someone in the back, it does not matter what happened, its your fault, even if someone hits you into them. Your insurance went up because your front hit the back. Believe me i have alot of experience in dealing with insurance and accidents

Old 01-31-2007, 07:12 PM

at least you didnt hit a pole like blake in his mustang.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:14 PM

or a railroad tie like someone else i know *cough cough woody cough cough* lol

Quick Reply: so guess who just got in his first wreck