Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

sooo....might be getting new eclipse...opinions anyone? (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Default RE: sooo....might be getting new eclipse...opinions anyone? (pics)

ORIGINAL: jstylez

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

get an evo again . Its a fun car, fast car, and even a family car when the time comes

Or get a 3g eclipse GT. Those are pretty quick from factory, and reliable. Unless you like the 2g look better
i WOULD get an evo again, just money situations right now. can't afford it. and two, i do NOT like the look of the 3g eclipse...bleh. not very good looking to me at all. i only like the 2g body style.
If you had one in the first place.
I'm calling bull**** on you.
I can't imagine any Evo driver downgrading to a n/a DSM. Maybe a GST, or GSX... just maybe. I would lean more towards the gsx b/c of awd.
I don't know why you did'nt introduce yourself as "Hi, i'm Jenni. Used to drive an Evo, but some clown wrecked it. Now I am in a ............"
You say the kid hit you, and if thats the case, you should have got some money out of it.
Unless...... you hit him. Uh oh.
I've only driven an Evo once, and it was after I bought my RS. I said to myself "Damn, I wish I this was available before I bought the RS."
And the reason I drive an Eclipse RS, is that I bought it w/ all intent to fix it up. I was presently driving a 2006 F150 Supercrew, but I liked getting better gas mileage in the Eclipse, so I sold my truck.

And if you're having money situations, why would you want to start spending $1,000's on turboing a n/a car.
That does'nt make any sense at all. I'd be more concerned about saving money, and just getting back and forth.
If I was a betting man, i'd say you bought that car from someone, not a dealer. Any dealership that gives 1/10th of a damn about its customers would graciously take the car and say "Yes, we can handle fixing it, or atleast go 50% with you".
And that turbo'd 420A you "were going to look at a dealership", all those pics looked like a persons front yard.

If you're bull****ting us, just stop. Thats not the way to go if you need any advice or help with you first car. This forum and its members are more than happy to aid you, if you don't beat around the bush and make yourself seem like hot ****.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Banned

Although you raise a decent point, what could you possibly gain from calling her out? It just does not make sence to me. Maybe if she said it just to make people like her... and thats just unlikely. Maybe she just likes attention? Yet again, everyone loves attention. Especially from the opposite sex.

Maybe posting a pic with you in it?

Old 04-22-2007, 02:22 PM

1.) only thing is, it's not a private seller, it's a dealer. so they wouldn't have all that info unless whoever traded it in gave it to them right?

2.) i don't know, i just really do like it. i don't want problems, but from what i've seen so far from it, it's in good condition, no funny noises like mine makes, or anything.

3.) well, too bad none of you live in washington, you could help me out then, grrrr.
1.) dealer selling modded car = NO DEAL!!! trust me. dealers can not warranty that car.

2). trust me when i tell you that i know what it's like to like a car to the point of not caring what's wrong w/ it or what everybody else says and from the sound of it you have already made up your mind. but trust us, w/o knowing what mods are on it, watlk away.

3.) you don't need us THERE to tell you that this is a bad idea w/o a mod list and recripts

sorry if all of this had already been covered but i didn' feel like reading 4 pages to post my .02

Old 04-22-2007, 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Joshewuhh

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

get an evo again . Its a fun car, fast car, and even a family car when the time comes

Or get a 3g eclipse GT. Those are pretty quick from factory, and reliable. Unless you like the 2g look better
i WOULD get an evo again, just money situations right now. can't afford it. and two, i do NOT like the look of the 3g eclipse...bleh. not very good looking to me at all. i only like the 2g body style.
If you had one in the first place.
I'm calling bull**** on you.
I can't imagine any Evo driver downgrading to a n/a DSM. Maybe a GST, or GSX... just maybe. I would lean more towards the gsx b/c of awd.
I don't know why you did'nt introduce yourself as "Hi, i'm Jenni. Used to drive an Evo, but some clown wrecked it. Now I am in a ............"
You say the kid hit you, and if thats the case, you should have got some money out of it.
Unless...... you hit him. Uh oh.
I've only driven an Evo once, and it was after I bought my RS. I said to myself "Damn, I wish I this was available before I bought the RS."
And the reason I drive an Eclipse RS, is that I bought it w/ all intent to fix it up. I was presently driving a 2006 F150 Supercrew, but I liked getting better gas mileage in the Eclipse, so I sold my truck.

And if you're having money situations, why would you want to start spending $1,000's on turboing a n/a car.
That does'nt make any sense at all. I'd be more concerned about saving money, and just getting back and forth.
If I was a betting man, i'd say you bought that car from someone, not a dealer. Any dealership that gives 1/10th of a damn about its customers would graciously take the car and say "Yes, we can handle fixing it, or atleast go 50% with you".
And that turbo'd 420A you "were going to look at a dealership", all those pics looked like a persons front yard.

If you're bull****ting us, just stop. Thats not the way to go if you need any advice or help with you first car. This forum and its members are more than happy to aid you, if you don't beat around the bush and make yourself seem like hot ****.
well, you're being a dick now. you were nice at first, but now just plain rude. let's see, i never said how the evo got wrecked, i said a kid wrecked it. i didn't explain or anything. let me explain:

had an evo, took it into the dealer to get some work done on it, and the kid who was driving it wrecked it while it was at the dealers. he was screwing off apparently. they called us right away and told us what happened. so they just paid the car off right then and there. and technically, no one hit me, some dumbass wrecked it by himself. so that's why i don't have that anymore. wanna ****in' ask someone if i had one? go ahead, call my parents up and ask them, they'll vouch for it. and two, another reason that we didn't get ANOTHER one...is because,i had a baby about a month later, didn't have the greatest paying job, and COULDN'T AFFORD IT! you can't afford **** when you have a kid, and a ****ty paying job. we could afford it before hand, because we didn't have to worry about a kid or anything yet, and we had the money at the time....then my boyfriend got a new job and wasn't making as much, so it took a little away. so then my mother bought me a piece of **** honda, i had that for a year, and now it's gone and i have this car, so who the **** cares if i down graded. when you can't afford something, you HAVE TO DOWN GRADE!

and TWO...let's see here....I CAN'T GET ANYTHING FROM A PRIVATE ****ING SELLER!!!!!!!! i've said that once already, I HAVE TO BE FINANCED!!!! and i can only do that from a dealership! and yes, this new car is at a dealership! go to their ****ing website, they a ton of pictures of it, and they have a picture of it up on the lot! wow, amazing.

so don't ****ing call me out, no reason to. i've been honest this whole time. cuz yeah, i used to have an evo, can't afford it like i said. and i've always said i'd own one again. maybe i can't right now, but a lot of ****ing people can't....so don't give me ****, and don't be a dick. you hardly know me......you don't know what i have and what i don't have......

Old 04-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Banned

I kinda predicted this. I was trying to give you the benafit of the doubt earlier to him on AIM. But its all good.

Getting pissed at its really not going to help anyone.. i learned that in my first week here lol.

If it is true then someone owes her an apology

Old 04-22-2007, 06:22 PM

oh well, if he doesn't want to believe me, then he doesn't want to believe me. shoot, he can even go ahead and call the dealership i went to, and ask them if we had an evo for all i care. point is, that he doesn't understand what "I CAN'T AFFORD IT RIGHT NOW" means......he obviously doesn't, because he doesn't seem to understand that's the reason i don't have an evo again. oh ****ing well, some people can't afford certain cars. and you really can't when you have a child, they cost a lot more than a car does right now.

Old 04-22-2007, 10:26 PM

did you do any mods to the Evo? why was it brought in, just regualy scheduled work?? was it an VIII or an IX??

Old 04-22-2007, 10:44 PM

we had an evo VIII...we bought it with the upgrades already done to it.....it had the full catback exhaust, upgraded turbo, turbo timer.....it was blue, and had a nice looking racing stripe down both sides....it wasn't those gay stripes either, it was a different kind.

and we had to take it in to get the clutch replaced, took it into them since it was under warranty still. i loved that car, was definitely a very fun car. i can't wait to have one again

Old 04-22-2007, 10:53 PM

Well, i'm sorry to hear all that.
So for now, i'll be a big boy and say i'm sorry for doubting you.

S'all good.
Its just the internet.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Joshewuhh

Well, i'm sorry to hear all that.
So for now, i'll be a big boy and say i'm sorry for doubting you.

S'all good.
Its just the internet.
it's all good. i just hate when people doubt me, even people i meet in real life, and tell them they doubt me too. but i'm just always gonna say go ask everyone that knows me, they'll tell you i had one. i did have one though. promise.

Quick Reply: sooo....might be getting new eclipse...opinions anyone? (pics)