Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Test drove a X and 350z

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 03:39 PM
Rob
Banned
Default Test drove a X and 350z

So for those who care, i've been in Daytona Beach for the last 8 days. Daytona Mitsubishi had about 7 or 8 Evo X's on the lot so i decided to stop by and check it out. A salesman was breathing down my ****ing neck before i even got out of the car. We started shooting the ****, i checked out the car, sat inside, you know the usual. He asked me if i was interested and all that ****, one thing led to another and sure enough he let me take it for a test drive. To tell you the truth i wasn't $36k impressed. The ride was tight, the seats were tighter than the Recaros in my car, but overall a lot smoother it seemed. The turbo kicks in nicely but didn't seem to put me back in my seat like i thought it would. The tranny seemed notchy like my car but tight. I put the hammer down a couple times, but i just can't really compare it to my car...it just didn't seem to pull as hard. Now i know if i was going from the old RS to the evo X i'd probably **** my pants, but going from a VIII to a X just didn't do much for me. Definitely a nice ride, but just didn't give me what i wanted. The only thing i liked was that it didn't make any random noises like my car does, you know those oh **** what broke noises

Next, we headed down to the Auto Mall. We were driving around the 2000+ cars when we finally pulled into the Nissan dealer. Sitting there was an 07 350z Nismo package...in Red. It had my full attention as it is a damn good looking car. The salesman was right there in a matter of seconds as soon as i got withing 10 feet of the car. He comes out starts shooting the ****, and then OFFERS to take it for a test drive. I'd be a fool to say no. He pulls it out and to a local gas station, then lets me drive it back. Again i wasn't impressed. The car is supposed to be 306 hp. It pulled, but not hard. Of course no turbo to keep me satisfied but no lag either. I gave it to the car too, but it just couldn't bring a smile to my face. It sounded good, looked good, performed good, but just didn't excite me. I guess i'll just never forget test driving my VIII for the first time. Here's a pic of that car.
Name:  nismo.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  72.3 KB

Old 04-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Default RE: Test drove a X and 350z

how much was theZ compared to the X...you should try a sti and see how you like it...just no thehatchs unless you like that.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Rob
Banned

The X was pretty much 34-37k depending on options. The z was originally 40k but he said he's honor a week old deal that was 6k off all nissans on the lot. So to start it would be 34k.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:58 PM

love the Z...what can i say..i'm a sucker for a good riced out factory car..

Old 04-20-2008, 09:17 PM

Yea I am deff shying far from the mitsu performance car crowd as it seems to have been going down the drain even worse than years past. What can you do.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:19 AM

correct me if Im wrong but aren't the new Z's in your pic the same as the old 350Z's but with a body kit? From the lil brocheur I read they did nothing performance wise

Old 04-21-2008, 12:24 PM

i'm pretty sure the nizmo z and minor suspension mods, but i'm not sure about the engine

Old 04-21-2008, 12:37 PM

the nismo z only has like 6 more hp from the old ones, they have a lot more suspension and chassis mods, mods you can't buy unless you get a nismo z. they don't sell them, the bodykit is also a nismo exclusive. they didn't do really anything to the motor. i can't remember what track it was, but compared to the old z it ran it about a second faster, not bad only suspension.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Rob
Banned

Suspension and exhaust upgrades, brembos, nismo body kit, Ray's Engineering wheels...other stuff but i just threw the brochure out.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:27 PM

I test drove in an X a while back.. I was impressed on how quiet it was.. Other than that, I wasnt impressed with the performance.[&:]

Quick Reply: Test drove a X and 350z