Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

is this thing worth the $$$ and is it even any good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Default is this thing worth the $$$ and is it even any good?

Description : Universal fit for all cars. Cyclone 2 works by swirling extra air into your inlet manifold and thus create more combustion for throttle response, pick up and power gains with fuel economy.

> Price : $65.00 SGD

im guessing its BS and i could make one my self out of a beer can

my freind gave me one to hold on to for him and a MAF adapter (cause the retard that thinks he know everything about carsput the filter cone just attached the cone to the rubber intake hose so there is a bend where a hole lets UNFILTERED AIR GO INTO THE THROTTLE BODY AND ENGINE[:@]!!!!so im gonna modify the MAF adapter to make the come fit PROPERLY) and show that punk right

Old 12-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: is this thing worth the $$$ and is it even any good?

JP how long have you beenhere and this is the first time youve seen this. This thing is junk. It actually causes a more harm than good

Old 12-17-2007, 04:59 PM

No it is in fact BS. And you are nicer than i am because i would just let him continue running his car like that untill it ****ed up, just so i could laugh at his dumbass.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:01 PM

ive seen it before and go mixed reviews, my friend was given it and he said his "bud" (whom we both despise now) gave it to him saying "it works its da bomb" i alway felt it was ****, i just needed some opinions for this POS, he wants to put it in his Chevy Cavilier and im telling him it may not be a good idea, 'so you read reviews and advertisements on the internet, does that mean its good?"

i never trusted the damned thing now will i ever...(it was given to my freind by the same "know it all" that cant install a fricken air filter cone) so i knew it had to be ****

Old 12-17-2007, 05:07 PM

I thinks it more bull because I saw one of the car show's convention and one of the company claim that it produce like 3 hp increase and 5% better fuel economy and they don't have a dyno to prove it.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:07 PM

ORIGINAL: bestwiseguy

No it is in fact BS. And you are nicer than i am because i would just let him continue running his car like that untill it ****ed up, just so i could laugh at his dumbass.
im nice to my freind the fact that i want real reviews rather than advertisement, because my freind cant afford a car nor could his family (mother is single and they can barley afford anything) so what ever he puts in his car, has to pass my OK, and when he was given this thing, i told him i wouldn't trust it from a n00b who thinks he knows everything about cars (let alone the fact this n00b cant install a filter cone)and definetly wouldt trust it if it was too good to be true

thx for the reply, i just needed him to red some ACTUAL and honest responses and "reviews" on this beer can with fins

Old 12-17-2007, 05:10 PM

I was actually referring to the guy who doesnt know how to install the airfilter. Or are we talking about the same person.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:13 PM

ORIGINAL: bestwiseguy

I was actually referring to the guy who doesnt know how to install the airfilter. Or are we talking about the same person.

lol no, these are 2 different ppl, the kid that can install an airfilter, **** him, hes cocky and thinks the ford taurus is better than any car out there, and he installed the cone wrong on my friends car, my freind has a cavalier, and knows next to nothing abt car stuff, so he believed it was a good thing, wich its not

Old 12-17-2007, 05:17 PM

Oh ok now i see. Well in that case what you need to do is light taurus boy's car on fire and tell him its ok, It actually helps performance. LOL

Old 12-17-2007, 05:19 PM

LOL i was plannin on swappping his gas lines with his fuel line, so gas goes into his brakes, and his brake fluid goes into his engine lol"it gives you 2000 extra HP" LOL

Quick Reply: is this thing worth the $$$ and is it even any good?