Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thinking of a new paint job

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default Thinking of a new paint job

I've been pondering this a little while now and I think I've figured out what I want to do for paint on my car. I think when I have the time and have another vehicle so I can let my Conquest sit for a bit, I'm going to have a custom paint job done. Tell me what you guys think:

I want to repaint the entire car silver. Give it a riveted aluminum sheet metal look. Paint the shark grin on the front and get my name stroked under the driver's side window or mirror. Then get magnetic stickers or maybe get a stencil made of a bowl of rice (maybe one that's upside down and spilled a little) and every time I stomp a ricer spray another mark under the driver's window on the door.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM

Post up a pic when it's done and if you got the $$$ we expect it done with Imron (my mom used that on her Piper Cherokee 180), custom acrylic urethane, or some similar expensive paint.

Wish I had the money for a custom paint job.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sanguinius
I've been pondering this a little while now and I think I've figured out what I want to do for paint on my car. I think when I have the time and have another vehicle so I can let my Conquest sit for a bit, I'm going to have a custom paint job done. Tell me what you guys think:

I want to repaint the entire car silver. Give it a riveted aluminum sheet metal look. Paint the shark grin on the front and get my name stroked under the driver's side window or mirror. Then get magnetic stickers or maybe get a stencil made of a bowl of rice (maybe one that's upside down and spilled a little) and every time I stomp a ricer spray another mark under the driver's window on the door.
If you choose to not fill the dings and dents. take some 400 grit wetsandpaper + degreaser mixed with the water.Let the sandpaper sit in water for like 15 mins then Make sure when sanding the clearcoat that you always have water ready,Will look like you scuffed the **** out of it after done sanding+dried...Its because you need an adhesion surface. You can repaint a car 1-3 times without having to go down to metal. Of course if you want to fill dings and dents,I prefer using a studweld puller but those are a bit expensive....So if you want to prep the car use the 400 grit....And let a body shop fill the dings and dents.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I'm going to have a body shop do the dings and whatnot. I'm not a body man in the slightest. Besides there are a few dents that I wouldn't be able to pull even WITH a studweld puller. Like where some idiot before me put the jack in FRONT of the pinch weld to lift the car instead of ON The pinch weld. Freakin tard... I had a guy over to look at it already to figure some costs.

The silver I'd use would be the same color as a silver Starion's paint. I would get that paint code and have the car painted in that color. Then I'd get the custom painting done.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

sorry but i have to say that is pretty stupid