Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

today on my ride to work, just a little rant

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Default today on my ride to work, just a little rant

Was driving to work in my 2nd car 93 ford tempo pos with 38,000 miles and car started to slow down, while I was speeding up, 50mph, 40mph, 30mph and got off to the shoulder just in time for it to shut off and smoke to start coming out from under the hood. I got the car towed by an authorized tow company, to their yard, this was the same yard that my car was towed to when I had the accident a few months ago. Anyways, While waiting for a tow truck to tow the car back to around my way I start to inspect the car. Mind you the car was my grandpas and was passed along when he passed away a few years ago. My dad had kinda sold the car to a friend of his for her son. He then decided he didn't want the car and we took it back. While they had the car I dunno what was done to it.
Anywho I find that there is no antifreeze in the overflow resevoire(sp) and the raditaor is bone dry. While I was driving the car today before it died the engine temperature was normal, but then when it died and I was on the shoulder the temperature was past the highest temp on the guage. We added antifreeze and car wouldnt start up for anything. After about 2 hours mind you I am now 2 hours late for work the tow truck shows up and car is towed back around my way for my dads mechanic to check out in the am.
I then leave for work again, got my G this time. Now that was fun Cause I am on Route 440 in Bayonne in the left lane doing like 50-60 mph and a car merges in from a side street, a punk in a black sentra Speeds up to pass me but stays in the right lane looking at my car and glaring at it And speeding and speeding and speeding Red Light comes up I am in left lane he's in right, there is a van in the right lane at the light, I slowed down cause he looked like he was gonna cut into the left lane, cause the light wasn’t changing and like I said there was a van in the right lane, nope he doesn’t switch over and he tanks the van right in the back at least at 40-50 mph and doesn’t even brake (slow down) he hit the van so hard the rear end of his car went up like 3 feet in the air. I slow down and make sure they are alright the driver of the van gets out cursing about his back, says other then that he is fine. He walks to the car behind him and cant see in the windows the air bags deployed and when the deploy a white powder gets all over the place. The driver of the van asks if there is anyone in that car and I was like yeah it hit you didn’t it, it didn’t come out of no where. He yanks the door open after banging on the drivers side window and no response and the driver of the car is in the passenger seat. Guessing he wasn’t wearing belt. I amde sure the police were aware of the accident and got the paramedics out there. I know this is wrong to say. But I hope the kid is severely injured. I mean pay attention to your driving. He could have injured or killed someone cause he was too busy glaring at me and checking out my car.

And I am thinking like that also cause about 5 minutes from my house a girl got hit and is possibly dead (fighting for her life) in the hospital cause some jerkoff wasn’t paying attention and passed up a school bus that was picking up kids for school this morning. And they are looking for the person as they fled the scene. This is why so many things are illegal on our cars, neons why cause it distracts other peoples attention from their driving to looking at your car.

I heard a story about that spinners are trying to be made illegal, why cause at an intersection. the car is going to pull forward and the driver looks to his right to make sure it is clear to go and he sees the car to his right with the wheels spinning so he slows down and gets rearended. And blames the car with the spinners cause in looking at them move he thinks the vehicle itself is moving. Pay attention to the vehicle and not its rims.

Just a little rant of mine for today.
Everyone drive safely and pay attention to your driving

Old 11-15-2005, 08:39 AM
Default RE: today on my ride to work, just a little rant

Jesus I hate that, how people blame stupid **** on their stupidity. If you cant keep you eyes on the road dont drive, people blame cell phones, radios do the same thing. If you cant multi taks dont drive. I also blame old people they suck a decent amount.

Old 11-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

First off I find that some people can't do more than 1 thing at a time and now we ALL suffer cuz people are idiots. If shiny things distract you get the **** off MY roads!!! I want to be able to have my lights and radio and phone. I'm sorry but I drive a standard trans sentra (Black BTW) and I can talk on the cell listen to music shift gears AND still know what's going on around me.
As for the thing with the spinners... K so the guy goes to move right? Looks and thinks the car at the intersecting road is moving right? So he slows/stops right? Then gets rear ended?? Sounds like a problem with the driver behind him. Quite frankly I would have done the SAME thing. If I think that car was moving even if my vision is FOOKED I'm gonna do the SAFE thing and STOP. The guy that got rearended was in teh right in my opinion and the idiot BEHIND him was A.) Following too close B.) NOT paying attention...

Old 11-15-2005, 10:44 AM

As Dane Cook says "WHY'D YOU LET ME HIT YOU AT A RED LIGHT GOING 80!!!" If you can't pay attention to the RED brake lights in front of you then you mustn't be on the road. I live at a busy 3 way intersection and to pull in my driveway I have to fear for my life especially when making a left then having to make an instant right into my driveway. I can't tell you how many times a day I have gotten the finger from someone who almost hit me since they weren't paying attention to my pulling into my driveway. As for the kid that rear ended the van, hopefully he is alright and doesn't sustain severe injuries even though he was being stupid.