Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Today, is NOT my day lol.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Banned
Default Today, is NOT my day lol.

Well, I was really excited today, because brake pads for my 2004 Kona Coiler came in. This is the same bike I had with me when I was stuck at Brittany's house after I brought it back from the UK. Now this bike isnt your ordinary WalMart bike. It runs about $5k in the US.

So I go to put the pads on, and I try to push the piston back (They are hydraulic), and it just wouldn't budge. So I'm like... F this. So I unbolt the caliper, so i can split it in 2 pieces. So I got it apart, and then fluid starts gushing out. STUPID! There is a line on the inside that directs fluid to the other piston. So I let air in the lines. DAMN.

Then I get the pads in, clean off all the fluid making sure I dont get any on the pads. So now I have the task of bleeding it. What a pain in the ***. After an hour, I finally got pressure in the lever. I went to tighten the bleed nipple on the caliper, and it just snaps off. So I'm not too happy. I wasn't even forcing it. I only unscrewed it a quarter turn as the manual suggested. I am so pissed, its one thing after another.

Now I think I am going to have to drill and tap it to get it out. Either that or the caliper needs to be replaced.

Annoyed...

Old 03-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Today, is NOT my day lol.

Jeez dude what was the nipple made of? Plastic?

I need to get my bike workin right again... I think mine retails around like $500- $800.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Banned

Nope, metal. It is the same size and diameter as the one on your average car. Thats why I was so damn supprised it broke.

Old 03-01-2008, 08:19 PM

well when i put my new stainless lines on my brakes i went to tighten that bolt back up and it snapped, so you have to be really gentle with it cause it's got that hole drilled in it that makes it's really fragile... luckily i was able to get a pair of pliers on it and twist it out and just re-use the stock one... you sure you cant get a pair of pliers on your bolt? im sure it's not "that" tight

Old 03-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Banned

It broke off a little bit inside the caliper. Not even flush. So, I have to drill and tap it out.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:30 PM

Wow Sebbz, if you can't even work on a bike I'd hate to see what you would do to a car. LOL...j/k man!

Old 03-01-2008, 10:20 PM

ORIGINAL: shreff99

Wow Sebbz, if you can't even work on a bike I'd hate to see what you would do to a car. LOL...j/k man!
wel sh*t we all seen what he did to a car when he did own it....yuck! then the n00b got the vynals clear coated on...

Old 03-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Super Moderator

lol... If the bleeder isn't incredibly tight you may not have to drill and tap. Try a small flathead screwdriver. If it catches right you JUST might be able to spin it out.

I know there's a hole drilled in these but I've NEVER seen one that wasn't frozen snap off. I've seen ones that were rusted in place snap but that's to be expected.

Sebba lay off the seroids and maybe you'll know how much @$$ you're putting behind the wrench

Old 03-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: tidus10

ORIGINAL: shreff99

wel sh*t we all seen what he did to a car when he did own it....yuck! then the n00b got the vynals clear coated on...
You *** clown, I didn't own the car for one. Second, it was like that before I got my hands on it. How the **** can I control what some moron in a body shop does? It wasn't my car, not my decision, not my business.

Sang, I ain't on no roids man

Old 03-02-2008, 10:38 AM

you know i'm just dickin with you

and roids do have negetive affects sebba so please stop...we almost worry about you

Quick Reply: Today, is NOT my day lol.