Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/)
-   -   The truth about cars and mr. Farago (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/truth-about-cars-mr-farago-33094/)

BEAT 07-07-2009 09:32 AM

The truth about cars and mr. Farago

Do not read the posting on this web site. The Truth About Cars

They are BIAS and old fart school car reviews.

Mr. Robert Farago is not Welcome to SEMA and other car shows. His reputation is about destroying a company not helping them especially Our Mitsubishi, Ford and Chrysler.

The Truth About Cars is a scam to confuse the American consumer and Mr. Farago does not help the American economy by destroying the reputation of American companies.

Old school car reviews and trying to be on the list for the best is so pathetic.

TheEngineer 07-07-2009 09:36 AM

ummmm ok, ive never even heard of it before

BEAT 07-07-2009 09:57 AM

Really. I thought the web site was popular but I guess for older people who follow Farago. He used to be a columnist in one of California's newspaper but got fired for unfair car reviews.

tidus10 07-14-2009 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by BEAT (Post 246755)
Really. I thought the web site was popular but I guess for older people who follow Farago. He used to be a columnist in one of California's newspaper but got fired for unfair car reviews.

who cares a cars a car...

f**k everything drive a huffy

EMonz57 07-15-2009 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by tidus10 (Post 247085)
who cares a cars a car...

f**k everything drive a huffy

Agreed.
I don't choose my cars out of anybody else's opionions beside my own. I can give you a review about mitsu as well, Alot of their cars do suck royally. They have been known for makeing ****ty cheap quality and unreliable cars. That is finally just now starting to fade

BEAT 07-15-2009 07:46 AM

TRUE Mitsubishi cars sucks but only in America. I live in other countries before and they have Mitsu cars that are better than what we have in USA.

The Pajero,Celeste,Lancers etc etc.

And Remember you are on a web site that is under "Mitsubishi" I wouldn't back stab a web site that you usually hang around.

Car reviewers makes a lot of money if NO ONE read their articles they wouldn't exist like Farago and Especially Top Gear or Speed Channel. SO, people read their reviews.

BESIDE this f!@#$k Mitsubishi DOESN'T only make cars. They have a Wide range of products from HVAC products to portable generators.

Even if they failed to sell cars their Name will always be with the Consumer.

that's a Fack (a word combination of F__k and Facts).

EMonz57 07-15-2009 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by BEAT (Post 247105)
TRUE Mitsubishi cars sucks but only in America. I live in other countries before and they have Mitsu cars that are better than what we have in USA.

The Pajero,Celeste,Lancers etc etc.

And Remember you are on a web site that is under "Mitsubishi" I wouldn't back stab a web site that you usually hang around.

Car reviewers makes a lot of money if NO ONE read their articles they wouldn't exist like Farago and Especially Top Gear or Speed Channel. SO, people read their reviews.

BESIDE this f!@#$k Mitsubishi DOESN'T only make cars. They have a Wide range of products from HVAC products to portable generators.

Even if they failed to sell cars their Name will always be with the Consumer.

that's a Fack (a word combination of F__k and Facts).

Its just the same with other makers in the U.S. Mitsubishi just plain sucks, not back stabbing at all they just do in the U.S. It is not a secret but what did you expect from the company that makes your VCR and TV lmao. Overseas has all the better cars. American cars here can suck but over seas they get american cars we that we do not and they are much better than what we are offered.

Its just the way it is. I know I didnt buy my Evo for reliablility (even though it is one of the more reliable cars they have, and is the most reliable 'sports' car they have ever offered) I bought my 3G's for reliablility what is sad is they broke more parts than my Evo which was pretty modded.

tidus10 07-15-2009 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by BEAT (Post 247105)

just like most suckers i joined this site when i though my mitsu was great but lets face it the car blows, a complete money pit, the only thing thats lasted is the body surprisingly... now that ive ranted i come back here for the old friends that ive gained from this site... and also keep in mind m8 i came to this site when it was actually active and we had tons of new members and contributors and now that it is very very slow and no longer fun.. why the hell not bash it..

BEAT 07-16-2009 12:17 PM

My Mitsu is fine you just have to take care of it. I have 52,000 miles on my 08 Lancer. Never had any problems

I had a 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage spent almost $2,000 to make it faster and it was.

I never had any problems with MY MITSUBISHI CARS. if you have one sorry to hear that.

YES IT IS KIND OF HYPOCRITE TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM AND YOU BASH MITSUBISHI.
tell me does it make any sense. Just like saying I love my girlfriend but I hate her.

Sanguinius 07-17-2009 07:30 AM

As much as I've gone through with my car, you HAVE to give it credit. It's 21 years old, the previous owner and probably the owner before him beat the piss out of it. The maintenance was done poorly, if at all, and therefore it showed. Now I've rebuilt the engine and fixed the small problems that the car had when I got it and everything is running great. I couldn't be happier with my Conquest and if I had the time and $ for the fuel I'd take her cross country just because I know she'd have no problem with it.

I think most cars will last near indefinitely if properly cared for. Case in point: Dodge Neon. One of the driving schools out here had it as their only student driver. The car was wrecked a couple times, driven hard, and tested I'm sure to the braking and engine limits. They got the body work done as needed (they even had a pissed off student kick dents into it once), got regular oil and trans fluid changes, and generally kept up on maintenance. Tune ups, air filters, belts, everything. That car last I saw it had over 300k on the clock and still running strong as the day it came off the lot. Never had any major work done. Engine and trans still original. The only reason the school traded it in is that they wanted to update and get a newer car. Now ponder it for a minute. THE crappiest car EVER made by Dodge (other than the K Car but that was their saving grace in the 80's so it really doesn't count. It's crappy just because of mass production numbers and the fact that there were just different bodies but the same chassis/drive train for all of them) and yet it was WELL on it's way to 1/2 a million miles on the factory drive train. If that doesn't say something about proper maintenance and care, I don't know what does.

EMonz57 07-17-2009 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by BEAT (Post 247198)
My Mitsu is fine you just have to take care of it. I have 52,000 miles on my 08 Lancer. Never had any problems

I had a 1999 Mitsubishi Mirage spent almost $2,000 to make it faster and it was.

I never had any problems with MY MITSUBISHI CARS. if you have one sorry to hear that.

YES IT IS KIND OF HYPOCRITE TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS FORUM AND YOU BASH MITSUBISHI.
tell me does it make any sense. Just like saying I love my girlfriend but I hate her.

I am not bashing mitsu. it is just the straight truth. People on here bash ford and chevy. the fact of the matter is mitsu has been just as ****ty as them if not worse because 1) they all fall apart and 2) Mitsu is a pain in the ass with warrentys. They have and always have had horrible customer service.

So you spend $2000 to get your rage and? There is no way in hell that car was fast or even quick , no offense (I am a fan of the rage belive me). Most of them you see out there are either huge money pits with Evo conversions or POS that are falling apart. Mitsu has not made a decent reliable car untill now. THere lineup currently is good. THat is only of recent, by recent I mean 2006 and newer. The 3G eclipse was supposed to be the start of mitsu revamping and gearing more toward long term.... Well needless to say all they made was a sporty looking tank that is so well know for having tons of issues from heater core leaking and spilling water all over the carpets to the dash boards cracking and falling apart. The only good thing about these cars was the motors were reliable but the suspension and everything else was very cheap and poorly put together.

That is just what mitsu does. They put a car together with intension to make a great seller and reliable car. But they cut corners and put cheaper products into them to save money and make the car more affordable. That even applies with the Evo which is the best 'sports' they have ever made. The Evo has the WORST paint you will ever see on a 2003+ car. It is soft, and cheap. and that is why Evos even low milage have a billion rock chips.

I am not speaking on experience of one car. I have owned 4 and have my sisters each have one as well. Out of all 6 of these cars only 3 were ok. That is a hard argument to make because the 3 that were ok only had 40k miles or less so they were new. As soon as mitsu's get in that 90k range they take a ****. again not the motor- the motors are good. The suspension and everything else sucks on them. I am glad to see the newer cars being built a little stronger it is about damn time. The only reason that happend is because mitsu was very very close to pulling out of the U.S. all together. It is the same patturn that ford, and chevy are taking now.

Dont get me wrong I love mitsu cars. Esspecailly the Evo, I would buy another one for sure and I actually kind of want to. Mitsu has never made a good quality car untill recently that is all

EMonz57 07-17-2009 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sanguinius (Post 247238)
As much as I've gone through with my car, you HAVE to give it credit. It's 21 years old, the previous owner and probably the owner before him beat the piss out of it. The maintenance was done poorly, if at all, and therefore it showed. Now I've rebuilt the engine and fixed the small problems that the car had when I got it and everything is running great. I couldn't be happier with my Conquest and if I had the time and $ for the fuel I'd take her cross country just because I know she'd have no problem with it.

I think most cars will last near indefinitely if properly cared for. Case in point: Dodge Neon. One of the driving schools out here had it as their only student driver. The car was wrecked a couple times, driven hard, and tested I'm sure to the braking and engine limits. They got the body work done as needed (they even had a pissed off student kick dents into it once), got regular oil and trans fluid changes, and generally kept up on maintenance. Tune ups, air filters, belts, everything. That car last I saw it had over 300k on the clock and still running strong as the day it came off the lot. Never had any major work done. Engine and trans still original. The only reason the school traded it in is that they wanted to update and get a newer car. Now ponder it for a minute. THE crappiest car EVER made by Dodge (other than the K Car but that was their saving grace in the 80's so it really doesn't count. It's crappy just because of mass production numbers and the fact that there were just different bodies but the same chassis/drive train for all of them) and yet it was WELL on it's way to 1/2 a million miles on the factory drive train. If that doesn't say something about proper maintenance and care, I don't know what does.

You absolutly right, cars will last almost forever. its not Mitsu motors that are the problem its not even the body of thier cars. It is everything else. Ball joins suspension, MOTOR MOUNTS, everything. It gets to the point where owning the car is not worth the price in repairs. I am very anal about my cars and I take very good care of them. Esspecailly my last 3G. The car was 100% when I purchased it with 70k on it. I ended up trading it at 102k because the car was unsafe to drive all within a week or two suddenly. That cars maintanace was up to date it was just serviced at 90k and still. the funny thing about that is my first 3g was almost the same exact thing. and Even funner is my sisters car was bought was 79k was pretty mint. I just went down to tampa and borrowed her car which now has 106k and it is VERY VERY unsafe to drive. It is even worse than my last 3G got her car was upto date on service as well. Infact it was just serviced a month ago and her car was all over the road hard to drive it drove alot worse than my old DD 1990 sentra I have lol. The motors in all of these cars and bodies were immaculate but the rest was awful

Sanguinius 07-17-2009 03:38 PM

I haven't even touched the suspension in my Conquest. The most I did was replace a tie rod end a couple years ago. I don't have a bit of trouble with it and I don't tend to think it's unsafe in the slightest.

I think the fact that you're so anal about your cars is behind deeming them unsafe. Virginia has a safety inspection where they check everything but the engine and transmission essentially. Even your windows and doorhandles have to be operational and intact. Saying a car is unsafe due to simple things like a motor mount or minor suspension wear and getting rid of it is like saying a car is unsafe because the treads on the tires aren't above 80% present and selling it because you're not going to put the time or money into new tires for it.

I know the Conquest has a few more issues that need fixed like the trans mount going bad and I could probably use new struts though it still rides smooth compared to some newer cars but I'm not going to sell it because of those minor things and I don't think it's unsafe to drive because of them either. I'll suck it up and I'll replace the parts and call it a day. I just know I can't dump the clutch or the shifter will jump out of my hand.

EMonz57 07-17-2009 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sanguinius (Post 247258)
I haven't even touched the suspension in my Conquest. The most I did was replace a tie rod end a couple years ago. I don't have a bit of trouble with it and I don't tend to think it's unsafe in the slightest.

I think the fact that you're so anal about your cars is behind deeming them unsafe. Virginia has a safety inspection where they check everything but the engine and transmission essentially. Even your windows and doorhandles have to be operational and intact. Saying a car is unsafe due to simple things like a motor mount or minor suspension wear and getting rid of it is like saying a car is unsafe because the treads on the tires aren't above 80% present and selling it because you're not going to put the time or money into new tires for it.

I know the Conquest has a few more issues that need fixed like the trans mount going bad and I could probably use new struts though it still rides smooth compared to some newer cars but I'm not going to sell it because of those minor things and I don't think it's unsafe to drive because of them either. I'll suck it up and I'll replace the parts and call it a day. I just know I can't dump the clutch or the shifter will jump out of my hand.

the conquest was one of the better cars from mitsu in the past.

I am not being a puss saying they are unsafe for petty things. they literally are unsafe at highway speeds. My sisters car CAN NOT say in a lane at all and after 55MPH the wheel bearing or something is howling the rear end sways left to right sadly my last 3G was doing the exact same, it actually feels like your drunk driving the car and for what it is worth this is in FL where all the roads are flat and straight. Not only that but her car like all 3Gs had chunks of the dashboard missing and cracked and flapping around and also like all 3gs had the heater core issue where they clog and leak inside all over the carpet. It is so nice when you hope in your car that has been sitting out in the 105 degree sunshine all day and you have a puddle on your floor (litterally) and the carpet now reaks because it has been baking inside the car. Haveing the heater core fixed is either a very pain in the ass job or and expensive (if you do it yourself) or it is rediculously expensive if someone else does it. Now replacing ball joints and sway bars and struts ect is all part of owning a car but when you add about $4000 or stuff up all at once it starts to be higher value than the worth of the car itself. I had 4 new tires on my that were only 500 miles old when I traded the car. I was not calling them unsafe for anything close to tire tread. I hate to say it but I have driven cars with more thand double the milage and have had not one thing cept up that have driven alot better than them. The thing is I have delt with more than a fair share of mitsu's in my time. I have owned wayyy to many of them as well as every one of my best friends. I find it pretty funny that Every single one of them had nothing but issues except for the ones with 40k miles or less. Hell TE had a AWD Talon that was the ultimate POS. Everything with that car was messed up.

you cant argue it. Mitsu has been known for junk suspension and trannys forever. The DSMs and 3Si were known for junk bottom ends. Thier cars have not improved much over the years untill recently. I am not going to sugar coat anything about these cars because I am a member of this site. Just the same as the Supra. I could give you a list that goes on and on and on about the ****ty things toyota did, and there are alot of them but atleast I know I have a motor and tranny that wouldnt budge untill well over 750WHP - not that I will ever do that lol. Since day one mitsu could not even hold a candle to honda and toyota when it can to reliability I mean seriously where is the argument in that? you cant it is simply fact.... On the other hand mitsu has always sold the most cars that are appealing visually. All mitsu's have slick body lines and looked sporty and fun in some form that is where mitsu killed honda and toyota cause lets face almost all toyotas and hondas are very boring visually esspecailly the cars they offer now since sports cars have went aways for the most part

Does anyone wonder why around 2006 mitsu was almost completely gone from the US? It comes down to one thing. people who buy there cars probaly traded them in for toyotas and honda since MPGs and reliability have been the battle. Toyota took over sales in the US. Because they are decent quality and famous for reliability. Mitsu has the better looking car by far but they just dont take very well with time and when you brake something the service was even worse. Warrenties are the hardest things to work with if you are a mitsu owner.

More recently hasnt mitsu made strides in the right direction? It was started in 2006. What happend back then was one of the bigwigs of hyundai came over to mitsu and brough the 10 year 100k warrenty and the warrrenty problems have seemed to improve not to metion all of the mitsu lineup took on new generations and all of them seem to be much more sturdy than any of thier predecessors. They seem to last quite a while without the pita issues of the past.

Either way I still loved my Evo and would buy another. That was the only mitsu I had that I could have beaten the piss out of it and it just took it. Only issues with them is the tranny and tcase hmmmmmmmmmm like alot of other mitsu 'sports' cars in the past. I dont get why they suck so bad at drivetrains lol.