Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/)
-   -   What do you think about this body shop work.... (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/off-topic-7/what-do-you-think-about-body-shop-work-29847/)

dorian7 10-29-2008 01:29 PM

RE: What do you think about this body shop work....

TE - I picked it up in the evening, I installed the lips myself so they were not attached to the car at the time. It was not so easy to see the difference right away. When I installed them it was obvious.

The car is an 01 with 48k original miles on it, it has been garaged it's whole life so the paint is still VERY good, I have seen some other ludes too and they are all an off white color.

The good news is that I went to the shop today and the guy said that he was going to take it in Monday and have it redone. Hopefully we have better luck!

sk8dudety 10-29-2008 02:57 PM

white is one of the hardest colors to match, that's just the way it is, unless you got the whole car resprayed i wouldn't count on it coming out absolutely perfect, just better

dsm1990gsx 10-29-2008 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: sk8dudety

white is one of the hardest colors to match, that's just the way it is, unless you got the whole car resprayed i wouldn't count on it coming out absolutely perfect, just better
I was just abt to say that, but anyways hopefully it turns out better. Good luck.

dorian7 10-29-2008 05:37 PM

Thanks, yeah I am banking that it won't be PERFECT but I know that it should be at least pretty close. A lot closer than it is now....

tidus10 10-29-2008 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: dorian7

Thanks, yeah I am banking that it won't be PERFECT but I know that it should be at least pretty close. A lot closer than it is now....
dont count on it

white is white...most of the time they have to do it on the car to fade it to the actual color of the car

silvercoupe97 10-29-2008 05:46 PM

Better is good.
However, seeing that they had the car there for reference, I just don't see any reason for them to not have been able to match it closer to the body's color. I don't paint, but if I was told that matching colors is not going to be a big deal, I take them for their word and expect it. If I was told that it won't be perfectly matched, but it'll be very close...I would be able to accept and understand why the panel isn't perfectly matched. My point is, don't tell me one thing and give me another. That's not professional and just isn't acceptable.
Would you guys tell your buddy that you can paint a part of their car and perfectly match it? I bet not, because you know that it is very difficult to match individual pieces. You would tell them that you can get very close though, wouldn't you. But you wouldn't tell them that you can match it and leave it at that.
Now if this was done at Meineke, I can understand the shoddy work.

dorian7 10-29-2008 07:21 PM

If they told me it was going to turn out the way that it did I would have said forget it...

EMonz57 10-29-2008 07:45 PM

paint it flat black and call it a day lol. white cars with black lips look amazing IMO and that is a small enough lip you could really prob pull that off

TheEngineer 10-29-2008 10:10 PM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

ORIGINAL: dorian7

dont count on it

white is white...most of the time they have to do it on the car to fade it to the actual color of the car

i dont know about that, ive seen some pretty damn good color matching with white on mr2's and just painting a side skirt. If you looked at it long enough you could tell but it was 100% better than what he has

darknigh7th 10-29-2008 11:01 PM

yeah emonz is right about the black lip, they look damn good on white cars.