Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

what made you choose the car you own?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Default what made you choose the car you own?

as me andryan were talkin in Chop shop he asked me what made me choose the car i own, so w thought what made you all choose the car you own today whether or not you chose it because its all you can afford or you jus love it... Me i chose my 98 montero because i was 12 when we got it and i grew on to it, i like the 4 wheel drive and the fact it never let us down....when my dad wanted to get rid of it for a jeep liberty(***** car) i bought it off him for 1500...the reason im KEEPING it is because i have a lot of fun fixing it up, it runs beutiful and looks great (even during body work)...i ave a history for it

Old 06-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Default RE: what made you choose the car you own?

lol, thats a touching story.... lol

Old 06-08-2007, 10:48 AM

lol it is it is

Old 06-08-2007, 10:52 AM

Well, since we got two of these goin on now.... lol oops which came first?

Old 06-08-2007, 10:53 AM

Motor Trends centerfold, circa 1991 was the time I fell for Stealths. I was a senior at the time and obviously couldn't afford a $40,000 car, but knew I would have one some day. It took awhile to find the right one...

Name:  Poster91composite.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  60.3 KB

Old 06-08-2007, 01:30 PM

All it took for me was a test drive

Old 06-08-2007, 02:18 PM

to tell ya the truth... i didnt know anything about eclipses and the two different motors... but i've alwaysloved the way it looked and one of my friends had had one for a little while... so i got it, and now i realize it was a great idea! except for the whole "rs" thing, but i plan on selling within this year for a gsx.. chyea! haha

Old 06-09-2007, 01:17 AM

B/c someone told that driving an eclipse gets you all the ladies.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:31 AM

haha, now you get to tell others that from experience!

Old 06-09-2007, 03:38 AM

I had three cars that I narrowed it down to...a V8 Mustang, an Eclipse, and my car. I'm too short for the Mustang as the instrument cluster hood is too high up for me, so I would have had to raise the seat just to have a good view (I was very used to the Acura's front view) and I don't remember it having that option of raising the seat....and I kept smashing my hand on the freakin' radio during shifting for not paying attention to the shifter and it's location, do forbid if my hand slipped. I don't even know how or why I kept punching the radio put that impression stayed with me.
The Eclipse, I liked a lot (GS-T) except for the backseats which I used often (for friends and shop "fieldtrips"). I even sold Mitsubishis a year later, lol. Besides that, it was a good experience.
My car was just the "grown up" version of the Eclipse..grown up as in longer, lol. That worked out really good too because I had some tall friends that had plenty of room in the back. I opted for the V6 over the 420a version because I just got out of a 4 cylinder 1Ga Acura Integra manual 2dr hatch. I loved that car because it had pep, but hated the manual options. Anyway, I went with the V6 because I wanted a bigger motor, man was that a bad idea, lol. It was sort of a motor promotion...how wrong was I back then.
I should have just gotten the GS-T and made my buddies walk, lol.

Quick Reply: what made you choose the car you own?