Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

what you guys think???

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Default what you guys think???

I just sold my gst, and am now in like a pre-mid life crisis,lol
So I thought of this:finance an evo VIII if I find one for like 15 or 16. Then sell my car, and with that money buy a used like 04 cbr 1000 or gixxer 1000. Idk why but it feels like its time for a change in cars

Old 04-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Default RE: what you guys think???

buy and then sell the evo? i dont understand

Old 04-05-2008, 06:15 PM

Nah sell my beater civic that I drive around now

Old 04-05-2008, 06:21 PM

The way gas prices are going I would just get the bike. Thats what Im saving up for now. Heard they suppose to hit $4/gal

Old 04-05-2008, 07:19 PM

ORIGINAL: PappiDread6

The way gas prices are going I would just get the bike. Thats what Im saving up for now. Heard they suppose to hit $4/gal
im at 4.05$ a gallon premium

Old 04-05-2008, 07:39 PM

That sux its $3.09 a gallon for regular for my spivic, or 2.98 when I go to my buddies station but yeah might just get a bike now,then before winter sell the bike and my spivic and either get a truck or an evo

Old 04-05-2008, 08:25 PM

its still aroun $3.25 but it's slowly climbing.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:37 PM

Dont get a bike you fool. you can only drive it like 5 months out of a year here. The civic can all the time. what about if you pop your tcase in december? your gonna take the bike to work right? Your better off keeping a beater car (the civ gets decent MPG) and use the Evo for fun time. Evos are not very good daily drivers most Evo owners love there cars but realisticly they are not great for daily use.

Bad MPG i mean really bad lol. They are clunky, rough, vibrate, un comfy, and you have to fight the car to go straight because it likes to follow the road way so on a banked corner or road with rain run off the car will pull kinda hard to the slope. Lets not forget they have weak drive train. trannys and T cases

Old 04-06-2008, 07:23 AM

Well that's y id get an evo for the winter. And at this point I don't think id even mod it at all. All id prolly do is get a downpipe and get a shi**y mail in tune which should bring my mpg up, so it wouldn't be runnung rich like from the factory. And about the tcase, its not like imma be beating the crap outta it. So I don't think it would crap out on me unless the previous owner did a number on it. And I was thinking worst case buy a cheap 92 thru 95 civic lx for like 500 bucks that'll make it if anything were to happen to my evo.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:00 AM

Yea that is a bad idea. Evos are ok in the snow. but your pretty much saying ill get an evo to ruin the car. Even if you dont mod the car you realize that the tranny will still break right? there are thousands of poeple who are blowing syncros in there cars even bone stock.

Like I said they are not very good daily driver cars. And even on a mail in the gas milage is still not that good. Buying a bike is just a friggen stupid idea in new england. Buying an Evo as you winter car is even more stupid. your pretty much saying ill have my bike as my nice weather car and an expensive car as my daily. If your looking into a bike just for the gas prices I can tell you right now you shouldnt be even thinking about buying an Evo AT ALL.

Why waiste even more money just to have a bike? or just to have an Evo? I say get one or the other.and keep the beater

Quick Reply: what you guys think???