Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

whats up

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Default whats up

what's goin on guys. just wanted to drop in and say what's up. who all is left that posts on here?
I'm living in Orlando now going to UTI and interning at a Transmission shop. My room mate didn't know how to change an oil filter and ended up blowing my motor due to double sealing it. Here is a pic of it. Finally got it painted and my CF parts on. I realllllllly like how it turned out.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...186/delsol.jpg

I'm looking into new motor possabilites now but it's probably going to be a while before it gets back on the road. I'm living the very cheap and broke lifestyle of a student. But it's only for 1 more year.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:52 AM

What up Ron, Long time no see. I don't even come on here all that much anymore. The car looks good, even though I am in no way a fan of hondas but hey.

Old 01-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

How do you like Uti? I went to the one in Exton, Pa many years ago.

Old 01-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Banned

I'm still here. Made a thread about helping this site out, but no admin posted.

What happened to the engine? Double sealing?

Old 01-01-2010, 03:33 PM

Seb what do you mean no admin posted it? I never got a PM for anything. Not that I care all that much because this site lost all of its business by not keeping up. This place at one time was a fun place to hang out

Old 01-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Banned

I tried to PM Patrick but his box is full.

I mean, for f uck sake, the EVO section says "for eight generations." Uuuh, we're slightly beyond that now.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Sebba
I tried to PM Patrick but his box is full.

I mean, for f uck sake, the EVO section says "for eight generations." Uuuh, we're slightly beyond that now.
I know. Not only that but the 10 needs it's own section. Regaurdless of that, this site was left out to dry. I mean I know of atleast 3 people who at one time got a virus from this site including myself.

Just lame.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:29 PM

good to see a couple people still on here.

UTI is really good. but they are serious when they say that the training is for an ENTRY LEVEL technician. anybody that has been out in the field for more than 2-3 years... it would probably be a waste of money. it teaches you the basics of each individual component but the hands on could be better and some of the instructors are just plain f*cking stupid. but for somebody like me who's only knowlege has been from forums and internet and a couple of projects on buddies cars... it's a great school. i remember when i first posted on here with questions like "does an intercooler replace a radiator" lol. we just finished out Powertrane class and I already have a Standard Trans rebuild side project coming up this week.
I am really suprised about how many kids are in there just wasting their money though... people sleep in class, don't show up, don't pay attention... the cost is 27.5k and the school is 51 weeks long... if you don't pay attention you are wasting your time and money.

Sebba - you know the rubber seal on an oil filter right? well that is one thing you have to check for when you pull a oil filter off to replace it. You have to make sure that the seal didn't stick to the block. If you put a new oil filter on top of another seal, the pressure will force one of them out and you will leak oil.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Banned

Oh for the love of god, you aren't kidding. I was hoping you weren't going to say that.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator

Have you looked into a k series engine swap?

Quick Reply: whats up