Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Whats your take on the PS3's

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Default Whats your take on the PS3's

my buddy got a big surprise from his g/f she got him a ps3 i'm not that big of a gamer but have to admit that its pretty alright. well anyway he called into work 2 days straight and told me it was because he was playing this ****ing game. i told him "man we are 25 and 26 years old, you can't just call into work because you are getting far in a game" this dude really has to grow up. the funny thing is now his g/f is so pissed and regrets getting him the system now lol. i work at the hospital and he thinks just because he called into work he can call me at work and bother me asking me to jump on the internet to find him some cheat codes.... this ****ing guy lost it. i was in the middle of a procedure and i get a call today its Tom wanting to know if i could jump on-line to help him beat some last guy... All i could do was hang up.... now was that wrong?

Old 04-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Default RE: Whats your take on the PS3's

The system kicks ***. I played hours and nights of resistance online. I cant wait to get motostorm and vitura fighter 5. They really blew xbox 360 out the water with this one. I also have a WII and its one really good interactive game system. I will admit I broke a sweat playing the boxing game and punching at my tv for 30mins. Im not fat or out of shape either. I work out all the time and this thing kicks me ***. As far as calling out of work, no im 22 and by not calling out I earn more money to buy more games haha.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:07 AM

ummm you obviously have neer seen the review side by side with compairable screen shots of the two then. the 360 visually blows PS3 out. makes it look like a last gen system in some of the games.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

here is a side by side comparison of the systems
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/

Old 04-16-2007, 02:17 AM

ahhh yes right now the Xbox does have better graphics...HOWEVER, its only a matter of time until developers actually take advantage of the blu ray, and make the microsoft fanboys cry... Did anyone mention that Sony Online is free vs live's 50 bucks a year???

Wait for Devil May Cry 4.....that will be the turning point of the graphics battle...garanteed

Old 04-16-2007, 02:33 AM

my opinion? they all suck...get a hobby lol...ive never really been into gaming systems....i sitll think my ps2 is badass! hell i seriously just sold my nintendo 64 like not even a year ago.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

to me its gonna be a neverending fight and a pointless one at that. Everyone has there own opinion on it and thats really just about all it is. They both are very good systems. Sure they havnt totally used the ps3 to the capacity, but in all fairness they havnt with the 360 either. So it works both ways. And i think your gonna see alot fo developers struggling with the new blu ray.

oh and also yes we apy $50 a year for x box live. Now lets look at it. Say these new systems are around for 3 years before something else comes out. Thats a whole $150 that we spent on live. However what are the prices of the system $600 for a ps3 and only $400 for a 360. So theres a $200 difference. So basically what we save in price makes up for it on the console price. So you cant use that arguement.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: DeathCabForCutie

ahhh yes right now the Xbox does have better graphics...HOWEVER, its only a matter of time until developers actually take advantage of the blu ray, and make the microsoft fanboys cry... Did anyone mention that Sony Online is free vs live's 50 bucks a year???

Wait for Devil May Cry 4.....that will be the turning point of the graphics battle...garanteed
did you forget Xbox Live is far more advanced than PS3 online. There is a reason you pay you get a hell of a lot more out of it. and youdo understand the 360 isnt even close to its fullest potencial either. both systems are not pushing yet. and as of right now the PS3 only gives you a few good games and the rest horrible graphics poor online gaming horrible servers. and $200 more plus I think ever person I know has had there PS3 replaced or returned already cause they burn up. I know one person on Ps3 # 3 cause the first 2 burned out. I will never cry over blu ray. Think about it the graphics are that ad on Ps3 in that side by side comparison and the PS3 also had how much longer to get it right after the 360 was release? what was it a year later and it still sucks

Old 04-16-2007, 10:35 AM

To me it seems more like 360 is like a PC that doubles as a gaming console... wheras PS3 is a gaming console that emulates a PC interface. I could be wrong, I havent really used PS3 extensively. As far as your boy taking off of work to play video games... I wouldnt go that far, lol, I only take off of work to screw with my cars.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:16 PM

my take is that i won't own one until they are less than 300 bucks... lol

Quick Reply: Whats your take on the PS3's