Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Where to buy paint?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 12:07 AM
Default Where to buy paint?

Hey i was just wondering if any of you guys know where i could buy some paint from. I want to spray it myself. I am looking for a deep blue. Also what brand do you guys recomend?

Old 06-04-2006, 10:03 AM
Default RE: Where to buy paint?

house of kolor..they got all colors..they are the best

www.houseofkolor.com

Old 06-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: tidus10

house of kolor..they got all colors..they are the best

www.houseofkolor.com
Tidus you're a moron!!! How would you know , you never sprayed before. There are much better paints for the money, like dupont. I Have been using it for about 4 years now and love it, very affordable and great quality. My old eclipse and my rx7 were both painted with dupont. There is a parts store near me call Allied Auto Parts, not sure if you have one near you but they carry the paint. Just do some research around your area, there should be a auto store or two that sells automotive paints. Most of the time they have massive color books with chips for you to look at and pick and mix colors too. Most of the time its more important on the spray gun you have and the prep, well wait it is important!!!! Get those perfect and the paint will come out awsome.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:34 PM

Dupont is great paint...Sikkens is also good stuff...That is what my body kit on my GS-T is being paitned with as we speak.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:19 PM

my father uses HOK on everything and my datsun is also HOK paint...i like HOK, dupont isnt bad at all.. its rather nice but i think HOK has a better/ wider selection....

Old 06-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Banned

My point is that HOK is big bucks and not worth the money. None of us are pro's, and you are bound to **** up.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:50 PM

yea HOK is huge $$ and yea we do f*ck up a lot BUT i'm sayin if you got the skills and the $$ why not? did you see the picture of my dads comero? the red in that picture is HOK 'blue blood red' its the brightest truest red pigment you can get on the market...its really an amazing red...

Old 06-05-2006, 11:38 PM

I have painted cars for about 13 years or longer, and I use mostly DuPont, and also Martin Senour. Of course I havent done that many custom jobs but I certainly have done alot of overalls and repair work.

Old 06-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: tidus10

yea HOK is huge $$ and yea we do f*ck up a lot BUT i'm sayin if you got the skills and the $$ why not? did you see the picture of my dads comero? the red in that picture is HOK 'blue blood red' its the brightest truest red pigment you can get on the market...its really an amazing red...

Guy, I dont care what your father owns! I swear I have never seen someone care so much about a car thats not even theirs Where not in middle school here, ITS NOT YOUR CAR.... NO BODY CARES!!

Old 06-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Banned

Now thats just plain harsh

Quick Reply: Where to buy paint?